17. Hey Ma

* hey y'all just wanted to update real quick because I haven't been on my wattpad gang lately. Plus I'm working on my new book and we got state test so you know ya girl been slackin.
Ima start doing question of the day because I got a lot of questions and I just wanna get to know y'all so

QOD-what size shoe y'all wear?

P.s I met a dog named Winsten toady. Like I never knew that people knew of that name😂😂 I guess we learn sometin new everyday😘😘
**^

Sweat ran down my face as I ran down the court doing suicides.

"Push it ladies, come on now I know you can ran faster than that," coach J yelled.

I intensively ran my last one and put my hands over my head.

I was the first one to finish and coach smiled at me and patted my back.

"Good job Mason,"she called me by my last name.

I squirted water into my mouth and onto my face feeling refreshed.

Today was first cut, and I made sure to do everything right to assure my place on the team.

"Hey could you pass me my bag," a girl breathing heavily asked me.

I grabbed her nike bag and handed it to her. She hurriedly opened it up and grabbing an inhaler.

"Can I ask you a question?." I looked at her as she tried catching her breath.

"You just did," she looked at me and smiled. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Why do you play ball if you have asthma? All due respect."

"The game calls my name," she stuffed her inhaler back to its original place.

"Alright ladies, you all did good today. Tomorrow is the second day so come here straight after your last period. Have a good night your free to go." The main coach aka coach J said.

"I'm Naomi, and you are?" The girl from earlier asked me.

"Winsten," I said before picking up my bag and tossing it over my shoulder.

"What grade are you in. You real nice," she complimented my basketball skills.

"Freshman and thanks."

"Damn shorty you young, but I'm a solphmore just incase you wanted to know. You seem cool as fuck tho," she said as we all walked out of the gym doors to the bus loop where our rides were.

I laughed and shook my head.

"I know but it's okay I still can hang," I shrugged my shoulders.

"You right but I'll hit you up later," she smiled and walked away.

I smiled back and walked over to my ride.

***

I laid out under my covers exhausted as my phone buzzed on my night stand.

"Hello," I answered with a raspy voice.

"Oh my bad, you sleep?" Amarii's voice came to my ear. I sat up and cleared my throat.

"No im up, wussup,"he laughed a lil bit.

"Mhm tryna front. Knowing yo ass was slump." He laughed. I chuckled.

"No but Wussup I haven't talked to you in a while. You tryna diss?."

"No, just thought you needed space," I giggled. Ugh I hate how he makes me feel this way.