Everything Begins

My eyes snap open at around 7:05 am. I groan, knowing I have missed the bus. I sit up and step out of bed only to fall on my face.

I prepare for the first day of my junior year. Way to start the year Dylan. I mentally scold myself.

I head to the bathroom after putting on my "first day" outfit which is a flower crop top and high rise jeans with black and white chucks. My reflection seems to agree that I look cute enough so I take care of my morning breath and bed head.

After arguing with myself for a minute, I decide getting a ride from my brother won't be too bad.

Knocking on his door for five minutes becomes annoying, so I check the doorknob before entering.

So glad there's no sock on the doorknob this time. I smirk at myself as I shake my brother to wake up.

"Hey idiot!" I begin. "Wake up or mom's gonna kill you!" Maybe not her but I know I will if he doesn't wake up soon.

He stares at me with a slight frown but I can clearly see the fear in his eyes.

Quickly, he pulls some jeans and a white t-shirt. Boys have it so easy.

I smile at the fact that I am able to trick him so easily.

Eventually we make it downstairs to pack our traditional "rush lunch", which consists of one snack item from each box which is then throw into our backpacks.

We then head out to the garage and into his car. It wasn't until we were already on the road to get to school when I decide to laugh.

My brother stares in confusion but then turns his head back to the road. Within five minutes we make it to the school.

I hop out and start to walk to the school from the parking lot when I'm grabbed by my backpack.

Turning my head slightly, I smile shyly. My brother has a tight hold on me with a scowl on his face.

"You are so dead, " he scolds before letting go. "Why'd you wake me up when you know-"he pauses and rubs his temples, already knowing the answer to his own question. "Oh you missed the bus," he smirks when I nod. "Don't do it again or I'll have mom on your ass before you can even think about ever-" I stand on my tiptoes and kiss him on his cheek them sprint away.

"Love you, Johnathan!" I tease as I cross the street.