To Deception

Yeah no it seems ridiculous. I feel horrible for even considering letting someone else be alpha than myself. Nah not me never mind too stressful.

I look towards Erick and give him a knowing look. He nods and escapes into the black door.

"Are you ignoring me, Dylan?" he asks with malice.

I shake my head and say the one phrase that catches him off guard. "Yes, Alpha. It won't happen again. Sorry." I say defeated.

Wow D. I didn't think you had it in you. Oh and before you start working that mark I left on that belly of yours allows me, and only me, to block off the connection between you and the big bad wolf. He can't hear anything in your mind right now. I hear Erick's voice in my head say.

Okay. I reply through o our link.

It's funny anyone can be tricked I guess. This helps me finally get back home.

Keeping my head down, I stand in front of the door. "Alpha?"

Zach looks up with a sort of sad look in his eyes, but dismisses it before I can ask. Wait I don't care about anyone's feelings here.

"Wait here. When you hear 'New Luna' you walk in slowly." he sighs and walks in. "Sorry. My mate got a little scared but she is good now." he says jokingly.

"I must go luna. I am not sorry for stating the truth about my Alpha, but I do apologize for how I said it and what happened to you all those years. If you need help leaving, call me as your guard. Try not to be obvious." he smiles and starts walking away. "Or clumsy. Oh and about your 'suck a dick' comment: I'm gay so thanks. I just might." he winks and disappears down the hall.

I smile lightly and look at this hell gate. I will escape.

"....introducing, your New Luna." I hear applause and begin walking through the now open door.

Can the world finally open it's seemingly welcoming arms, and swallow meeh whole?

I keep my head high but my eyes betray me. I look around and see many people- no, wolves- looking, staring even, at me like I'm some science experi- no. "Mom" and "Dad" would cheer to that since that's basically what I was to them.

I raise my chin and continue to look and walk forward. In. Out. I breathe deeply trying to stop myself from slightly breaking.

Move faster girl. I hear his voice growl in my head.

Ugh ok whatever.

I quicken my pace and get to the podium to stand with him.

"Now that we have seen our Luna and she has seen us, she must now take the oath of Pack Honor." Zack announces loudly. Sigh. He turns and looks me in my eyes. "Luna Dylan Lunare Valascez will you always, in your best way possible, protect your fellow pack members?"

I look out and see Rai and Tegan smiling wide at me, giving me some very needed confidence, but, sadly, not enough for me to speak or move.

"Dylan this is where you say yes." he whispers close to silently.

I'm frozen. I have never in my life been in front of this many people before.

I'M FREAKING OUT! HELP ME! I start hyperventilating. Everything begins turning black. My breathing is, as I can almost tell, only getting worse.

Dylan open your eyes!

I can't. I'm scared I-I need my brother. I feel tears falling down my face. This is the most terrifying event in my life. I can fake it elsewhere but here is different.

My limbs turn stiff to the point where I feel like a toy that can't stand on it's own. So in this case, I begin to fall. Fall into the darkness.

And that's when I see it. The memories.

A/N

Hey guys! I just looked at my reads compared to the votes... Come on! I may not be the best at math but I do know if over 2k have read my book but it only has 100 something votes one begins to wonder....Anyways please vote. Comment on errors anything....and please share with your friends and stuff.

Luv you my readers,
Ky😘