I lay in bed, yawning. It was 6:45, my alarm blaring in my ears. I hit the off button and stretch, standing up. I scratch the back of my neck and walk to my bathroom. I brush through my hair and look up in the mirror, seeing a figure behind me.

I turn around and see a dread doctor, cocking it's head at me. It started talking to me, whispering words in my ear.

"Kelli."

The doctor brings it's hand to my ear, touching my face. It didn't want to hurt me, it just looked at me and caressed my face.

I didn't bother screaming, so it didn't hurt me.

"Kelli, are you going to go to school today?" Liam's voice echoes through my room.

"I don't think so." I say very quietly.
"Where are you?"
"Bathroom."

Liam sees me with the dread and his eyes widen.
"Get away from her."
"Liam don't."
"What?"
"It's not hurting me."
"Liam." The doctor turns and looks at him.
"You don't touch him." I growl, beginning to throw myself at it.

I couldn't even control myself this time. I jump on it's head, confusing it. I cover it's eyes and it throws me off, knocking my head on the ground.

"Damnit Kelli!" Liam walks over to me, lifting my head off the ground into his lap.
"Did you stay here last night?"
"I slept on the couch."
"Why?"
"I wasn't going to leave you."
I cough a little and wrap my arms around his neck.

He lifts me up, not letting me go. I begin crying a little, my body aching.

"Kelli? Is anyone home?" I hear a voice.

"Theo?" I cough a little as Liam walks out of my room, into the living room.

"Kelli, what happened?!"
"The dread doctors, one of them actually." Liam sets me on the couch.
"What did they do?"
"They knocked her to the ground. It was coming after me and she tried to attack it, but it threw her back."
"I'm so sorry, Kelli. Are you going to stay home from school?"
"Yeah. I can barely feel my back that's probably a good idea."
"I can stay with you." Theo brushes his hand over mine.
"No. You can go to school. I'm fine."
"Where's your mom?" Liam scratches his neck.
"She'll be back from Milan tomorrow. I'm okay, really. I'll call if I'm not."
"Okay. Do you need anything before I go?"
"Maybe some water and a blanket please?"
"On it."
Theo walks into the kitchen.
"Let me stay with you, or at least let him."
"No. It's fine. You don't need to protect me all the time. Hell, I just "saved" your ass."
"Thanks by the way. I'll call you later, okay?"
"Alright. See you later, Liam."
"Bye."
He walks out the door and I heard his car roar outside.
"Why was he here so early?" Theo walks out of the kitchen with a glass of water.
"I thought he was dead, Theo. He told me what the doctors did to him and he crashed on the couch."
"He slept over here?"
"You have to."
"There's a difference."
"What?"
"He's your friend."
"So?"
"Never mind."
He grabs the blanket from behind the chair and throws it over me, making sure my body was fully covered by it. I make myself comfortable and he bends down on his knees in front of my face.
"Hey." He pulls hair out of my face and cups my cheeks.
I look up and he makes a super stupid silly face.
"Why do I like you?" I laugh a little.
"I'm pretty cute."
I laugh again and he looks into my eyes for a few seconds and then lets his lips move onward towards mine.

This was a very passionate kiss, not like any of the other ones we shared. His hands felt bitter on my cheeks. I let my hands move to his hair, running my small fingertips through it.

I didn't want this to end, but I knew he had to get to school.

"Theo, you have to get to school." I lay back down and cover myself up with a blanket.