two: the castle and the beast

Luke woke up before Ben did. He did the laundry and made some breakfast along with food for the way, also some warm clothes since they said the night would be cold and it was a 12 hour trip. The blonde boy petted Molly who was walking behind him, basically begging him to go for a walk with her.

''Wait a sec girl, 'm just writting a note for Ben okay?'' Luke said and Molly sat down like she understood what Luke told her. The tall blonde smiled to her and wrote that he went out for grocery shopping and took Molly with him for a walk.

He grabbed Molly's collar thing, some money as well and got out of their house. It was nearly 10 in that saturday morning so there wouldn't be a lot of people outside, except for Mrs.Callan from across the street - she liked to spy the neighbours and chat about it later with her old friends from Furry Friends Club.

''Hi Mrs.Callan! How are you today?'' Luke greeted her.

''I'm good kid, you can keep walking.''

Luke nodded sadly, the old lady is always rude to him but nice to other people. It's always been like that, everyone is like that.

***

''You have everything right?''

Ben laughed ''I do Luke, if anything happens I will tell Backster to come to you okay? Don't worry about me.''

Luke nodded, he was worried because the quick road there was closed so Ben had to go through the woods. He didn't trust the woods, there were too many scary and dangerous animals in there - he thinks something might happen but Backster will be there.

Backster is like Ben's version of Baymax, but instead of being a nurse it's used for rescue intentions or warn someone that you need help. It's pretty smart but it's not finished, just a few details and it will be fine. He was little but could run at 70 km/hour.

''Okay, I'm leaving now. Do you have everything under control? Don't forget to take your anxiety pills!'' Ben said from the car.

''I will. Good luck, I hope you get some contract this year!''

They said their goodbyes and Luke watched as Ben drove away from the street. Luke sighs, everything is going to be fine.

***

Ben

The snow was strong as fuck that night, possibly one of the biggest storms. He had to find a place to stay for the night and drive the next day. He parked when he saw a big house - it looked like a castle but someone lived in there. It was taken care of, the gardens in the front seemed enough treated even thought there was snow covering most of it. He couldn't stay out there on a night like this one, hopefully the people in there will give him warm welcomes.

Ben got out of the car after parking it near the entrance. He grabbed his beanie, scarf and coat putting them. He grabbed the bag with his invention and ran inside the castle.

He looked around and there were some spiders but there was no dust. A candlestick with the three candles lit up was on the table next to the big door, next to it was an old clock that was working perfectly. He grabbed the candlestick and heard something or someone running behind him so he turned around but saw nothing.

''Hello?'' he called ''Who's there?''

''I'm here!'' a voice said and he turned around again.

''Who are you? Where are you?''

''In your hand, dumbass.'' Ben looked to the candlestick on his hand. It had eyes and a mouth ''Hello hello.''