thirteen: the piano

Through the weeks Luke became more and more fascinated with the library Ashton showed him, he went there every afternoon and spent most of his days there instead of his own room. Ashton would go and keep him company sometimes so he wouldn't feel lonely, Calum and Michael did the same. Luke appreciated how kind everyone was being.

Ashton wasn't coming down for breakfast today, apparently he wasn't feeling okay. Luke offered to check up on him to see if he was alright, but they didn't let him since he was on the East Wing – most known as 'Ashton's Personal Space Where Luke Can Not Go'.

Because seriously, everyone went there but him.

Luke opened the big wood door for the second time that day, it was sunny but there was still snow outside. He prefers to stay inside and read or play with one instrument.

He got in the library and saw the books he took off this morning on a small shelf. The blonde boy felt bad, he didn't want maids because he could do the stuff himself. He knows it was probably Mrs.Wilson doing that instead of Michael like last time. He probably should have a talk with her later about it, again. Luke walked to the piano and sat down on the bench, pressing one of the keys.

It has been a while since he last played, years actually, he stopped playing when his parents and brother died. He lost motivation for it, so he gave up and started taking care of other stuff to pass time.

Suddenly there was a presence beside him, Luke recognized the hairy hands and dark-green jacket. He looked up at Ashton's face, it seemed sad and he instantly became worried. Luke stopped pressing the keys and put his hands in one of Ashton's, showing that he was worried.

Luke can't deny, the other boy has been so sweet and caring that he might have gotten feelings for him. Because he could see Ashton felt something too and he was changing for Luke, he was changing to better.

''Are you okay?'' Luke asked, maybe it was a dumb question but he didn't know what to say.

''I-I'm alright.''

''You don't seem to be, do you want to talk about it.''

''I can't talk about it, it's fucking weird and you don't have to know about it.'' Ashton snapped and Luke nodded sadly, the boy turned to the piano and hit a random key ''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you I just- I don't really want to talk about it.''

''It's fine, don't worry.'' Luke reassured with a smile. He liked the way Ashton's eyes lit up when he smiled.

After fifteen minutes of trying to play the song on the paper and awkward silence Ashton spoke up.

''Can you teach me how to do it?'' he asked calmly ''I've always wanted to learn b-but no one wanted to teach me.''

Luke nodded and started to give him the instructions to play it. Ashton had a bit of difficulty, especially because of his large fingers, but he eventually got to it. It was just some simple one that Luke wrote when he was fourteen.

''Hey Luke, do you want to have dinner with me tonight?'' Ashton asked nervously, scratching the back of his neck and looking at the boy in front of him with his big hazel eyes.

''I'd love to.''

_______

This is little and a filler i'm sorry

last chapter of 2015! gaah the year went by so fast, i feel like it was yesterday that i was going to school for second term on 8º grade and thinking that i hated everyone

Question: do you have any new years resolutions?

I want to stop being a dumbhead, enter some contest on wattpad like the bromance or lashton awards, post new story ideas ( soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) and post my first cover with da bandmates

tell me what do you plan to do in 2016, *whispers* i want to know