Chapter 30

I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

It had been an hour since that thing with Aaron.

Had he said...had he really said that?

It had blown my mind. How was it possible? I still couldn't get over the fact that he liked me back. I was, for lack of better words, ecstatic.

After a while, I decided to go downstairs and see what Aaron was upto.

As I neared the stairs, someone called me."Ashy?"

I got startled and very nearly fell down the stairs.However, I managed to balance myself on time.

"Hey easy there, Ashy bear," he grinned."Wow,that rhymed.I'm a freaking poet, man."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile at him.

"You almost killed me, you know that?" I glared playfully at him.

" I did?" he asked with a smirk.

"Yes," I replied, trying to look tough.

"You sure?" he asked, taking a step towards me.

I nodded."Yep,"trying to control my breathing.

"Guys! Go and get ready real fast, we're going for dinner," Amanda suddenly appeared and just like thay she disappeared.

Aaron sighed."She always has to interrupt, doesn't she?" he muttered under his breath.

I chuckled. "Let's go get ready."

"See you in a while," he said, flashing me a cute smile that showed his dimples and went to his room.

Still smiling like a fool, I went inside my room.

I decided to wear jeans and a plaid shirt with a white tank top underneath, so I could leave the buttons open.

Just as I was about to put on the plaid shirt on, the door opened. Startled I dropped the shirt from my hands, leaving me only in my tank top.

"Aaron!" I screeched. I knew I wasn't naked, but it felt weird all the same.

"You have clothes on," he pointed out.

"Yeah but I'm not ready yet! You weren't supposed to-What are you doing? Get out!" I squealed as he came towards me.

"You jer-"

He put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Aaron, what are you doing?" I whispered .

"For once, can you shut up?" he said, faking a frown.

"You little-"

But I never got to finish the sentence as he  removed one hand from my waist and slammed it over my mouth.

"There, you look so much cuter when you're quiet."

My cheeks reddened when he called me cute.

"Shut up!" I struggled to say but it was muffled by his hand.

I brought one of my hands up to smack his but he caught it in his and intertwined our fingers with the hand that was previously over my mouth, the other still holding me to him.

"Aaron-"

He chuckled and flicked my nose with his finger.

"Hey!" I protested.

He laughed."We should get going," he said but made no effort to let go of my hand.

"Aaron?"

"Yeah?"