Chapter 19

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, staring at him in disbelief.

He started eating my fries. I didn't protest for once, because I was too shocked.

"Nothing much.Hey man," he said to Trent,who looked equally surprised to see Aaron at school,if not more.

"What are you doing here?"I asked again.

"Oh you'll find out soon," he winked, grabbed a handful of fries from my plate and  got up to leave.

"What on Earth...?" I trailed off,looking at Trent.

He shrugged."You know him better. You're  he one who has a crush on himafter all," Trent smirked as he said the last part.

"What?!"

Trent rolled his eyes."It's the most obvious thing in the world."

"But I don't-" I began but Trent cut me off."Don't even bother denying it."

Still shocked,I went back to eating my food.I could think about it later,I was still starving.

When I looked up again, I spotted Kayla walking towards us.

I suddenly choked and started coughing like crazy.Hell, I was sure I'd scared Kayla off. Yeah, it was that bad.

"Are you okay?" Trent asked, looking worried as he handed me a glass of water.

I managed to drink a few gulps of water till I was fine.

When I looked up again, Kayla was nowhere in sight. Ha, I knew I'd scared her off by my coughing fit.

A minute later however, I found her sitting a few tables across me.

What made my body go stiff was seeing Aaron sitting next to her.

Why in the world was he talking to her?

I glanced sideways to see Trent staring at the same table.

From what I could see, they seemed to be having a good time chatting and for some reason I got annoyed.

Suddenly, Kayla's face became red with fury and the smirk on Aaron's face made it evident that he'd purposely said something to piss her off . I was seriously getting confused now.

One look at Kayla and I knew she was going to burst out now and create a scene.

"I'll be right back," I muttered quickly to Trent as I rushed over to Aaron, pulling him l into the first empty classroom  I came across.

"What the hell were you doing?" I hissed at him once we were out of the cafeteria.

"What?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Why were you talking to her?" I asked, annoyance lacing my voice.

"Why do you care?" he narrowed his eyes at me.

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it.Why did I care?

Because you like him, dumbass.

Right.

"Because...because you're my friend and I think you're better off not talking to...someone like her," I said lamely.

The truth is I didn't even know. Was I getting jealous?

" You sure?" he smirked, leaning slightly closer to me.

My breath hitched. Did he know?

" O-of course!"

His smirk grew."Why are you getting nervous?" he took another step closer to me.

Okay, Ashley calm the hell down . Don't let him think he makes you nervous.