Chapter 40

"Oh my god! You guys kissed!Trent I'm so happy for you both!" I squealed into the phone, unable to contain my joy.

I was on the phone with Trent, asking him about his date with Amanda.

He laughed."Calm down, Ashley."

I grinned."Sorry, I'm just really glad this worked out between you and Amanda . She's a great girl, Trent. I promise."

"I know," he replied and I knew he was smiling.

"So when's your next date?"

"Ashley, it's not even been 24 hours yet . Isn't she going to think I'm desperate or whatever?"

"No, you idiot. Have you called her today?"

"Um,no?"

"Call her today, alright?"

"But-"

"Oh for the love of God, Trent-"

"Okay, okay.I will. Hey,listen...Has she told you anything yet?"

"About last night?"

"Yeah."

"No, I haven't spoken to her yet. Actually, I haven't seen her at all this morning."

"Okay. Listen, I've gotta go . I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Trenty."

He hung up. How he hated thst nickname.I snickered to myself.

With a sigh I got up and started cleaning my room. It was my last day at the Woods'.

Half an hour later, I was still in my room, collecting mostly half empty bottles of water from around my room.

God, there were hundreds of those in here.

"So, everything done?"a voice said suddenly causing me to startle and lose hold of the bottles of water in my hand.

I smiled sheepishly at Joanna, bending down to pick them up."Yeah, I'm just..." I gestured to the bottles.

"Wow," Joanna said as she walked toward me and saw the box full of empty water bottles.

I didn't even know there were so many of those. There was just one on the bedside table and one on the desk and...

"Honey, don't worry about all this. I'll take care of it," Joanna offered kindly, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"It's gonna take you years to get all these bottles out of here," I joked, tossing the bottles in my hand into the box.

She laughed."Now that is true."

"No, but really it's fine. I'm almost done anyway," I said, feeling proud of myself.

I had finished packing an hour ago. I'd started packing a few days back so I didn't really have much left to do. All my clothes, books and stuff were already packed. Only a few things that I would need till tomorrow were out.

I was just cleaning around, making sure Joanna didn't have to do much when I left tomorrow.

"What are my favorite girls doin-Whoa.This room looks really different,"Aaron looked around.

Of course it did. All of my stuff was now neatly packed inside the gigantic suitcase that I'd borrowed from Amanda.

Somehow I had ended up with more stuff than I had when I first came here. So only half of my things had fit in my own suitcase, which wasn't all that big.

"Well, things definitely are going to be different around here now," Joanna said, smiling sadly at him.

"Hey, don't worry you guys. I'll be over every other day!" I tried to cheer them up.