Five

I sit on the bed trying to regulate my breathing. It's the first time I can't breath because of a nightmare. I look at the clock that marks 3:17 am and get up of the bed. I need water.

Going back to my bed I hear a muffled crying coming from my mother's room. I stop in the middle of the hallway looking at the door until decide to enter. My mom looks at me, her eyes shining with tears, but says nothing while I lie down beside her and hug her. I get to hear her cry for a few minutes and when the crying ceases realize she fell asleep and I close my eyes falling asleep too.

I wake up to the clarity hitting my face and hide it in the pillow. After a few minutes with the face buried in the pillow I arrange strength to get up. When I get to the kitchen my mother happily talks with my brother, last night the images comes to my memory. We've been through a lot this past year but she always went with a smile on her face even when it seemed almost impossible, last night was the first time I saw her breakdown.

- Milla, baby, are you okay? - My mother takes me from my thoughts and I just nod affirmatively with my head.

- It's almost lunch time, why did you just woke up now?

- I had a nightmare. - And that was enough for them to realize.

-Don't understand why we have to spend a Saturday afternoon doing the work, is the weekend for God's sake. - Louis complains lying in bed.

I sit in front of his desk and turn on the computer. When this has just log appears a photograph of the four of us in our 13th birthday. They took us to Disneyland that year, we are all with Mickey ears and huge smiles. Without realizing it a tear runs down my cheek.

- I miss him, you know? When he was still a father, before we were afraid of him. - My brother sits next to me and also looking at the image.

- I miss him too but our "father" is gone, now only remains a man dominated by anger and alcohol. - I say opening the Google's page making the image disappear. I clean the tears and start to organize things for the work.

I hear the bell ringing and look at the clock, and Niall Emma arrived. I try to do my best smile when they enter the room, Niall seems to notice that something is wrong but doesn't say anything.

A few hours later the work is almost finished and our stomachs rumbling. So Niall and I went down-stairs to prepare something to eat while Emma and my brother dealt with some details of the work.

- Anything happen? When I arrived it seemed you had been crying. - Niall question when we reached the bottom of the stairs.

- It was nothing, should be allergies. – Have I told you I hate to lie?

- You know, just because I'm blonde doesn't mean I'm stupid. - I looked into his eyes and sighed. I have to tell him the truth. Well, half truth.

- Louis and I were watching a family of old photos and I ended up thrill me. Just that.

Niall looked at me for a few seconds and then hugged me tightly. And when I leaned my head on his shoulder only felt worse for not tell him the truth.

--

All the love

- Andy B xx