Seventeen

- We should get going, it's getting late. - Niall warns trying to get out of the couch but his leg gets stuck in the blanket and ends up falling on the floor.

- Everything okay down there? - I tease him lying on my side to look at him, using my left arm to rest my head.

- Yeah, yeah I fell off the couch. Super cool. – He says sarcastically and sits besides me. - What happened? - He grabs my left arm pointing to my scar.

- Nothing, I fell when I was younger. – I stutter and start getting dressed and head to the kitchen to drink some water.

- C'mon Mia I'm not dumb. - The memory of the nickname Mia comes to my mind and the cup slips out of my hands. - Hey, are you okay? - He catches a tear that falls down my face.

- Yes, it's just no one called me that in a long time. – I smile and start to pick up the pieces of broken glass.

- Your father? - He mutters and I look up at him with wide eyes.

- How do you ...?

- You only get like that when it comes to your father! - Niall reaches down to help me pick up the pieces of glass. - What's wrong with your father?

I throw to the small bin what's left of the cup and sigh leading Niall back to the livingroom. After a few deep breaths I begin to tell all that led us to Mullingar and how I got the scar. I can see Niall's the features a few times as I speak. When I'm done talking Niall pulls me into his lap assuring me that he won't let my father hurt me again.

After the sun had disappeared on the horizon Niall takes me home. When we got to my street Niall gets a cal from his father because he needs him at home as soon as possible. As soon as I walk through the door I face a unknown man sitting on the couch with his hands trembling, I don't know if I should be scared to be a stranger at home or sorry for the poor guy nervousness.

- Milla, you home. - My mom comes out of the kitchen with a huge smile on her face. - This is Christopher. - With this her eyes win a new glow that I haven't seen in a long time.

- Oh hi. - I say suddenly relieved it's not a simple stranger but the "co-worker" my mom have been spoken so much.

- Don't you have children? - Louis continues interrogating Christopher, who begins to feel a little embarrassed.

- I have a daughter. – I kinda feel pity for him.

- And you don't live with her?

- She is in university in London. So no...

- And your wife...?

- Louis! - My mother gives out.

- It's okay. She died give birth to Alexa... - I can see that Louis is automatically sorry. But Christopher shows us a reassuring smile.

After dinner, Louis is with Christopher in the tv room while my mother and I wash the dishes.

- So...? - My mom hesitates. – Do you like him?

- Is not me who have to like him. - I look at her askance.

- But ... - I interrupt her.

- Mom, if you like him and he treats you well, so I will not oppose. – Assure her and see the relief filling her features.

- And what about Louis? - She peeks into the room.

- Oh you know fine well that he is a soft hearted. – I laugh putting the dishes away.

***

Heyy guys, I know I'm super late but I've been sick and school is killing me, but here it is. I hope you liked it, I think it not far from the end so... but it will be a second season called Reach For The Stars.

All the love

- Andy B.xx