Look at me

Mickeys POV

" Link? Who're you talking to? " Charles asked.

I snapped out of seeing Link.

" Uh... " I mumbled.

" Give the girl some space Charles. She's probably just tired. " James said and chuckled.

Charles chuckled to and rubbed my head.

" I'm just messing with ya' " He chuckled.

I smiled a little and corrected my bangs.

" So Mickey, how long you'll stay in NC? " James said.

" About a week. " I said and smiled.

We talked about NC and all that stuff. I'd never been in NC before so I didn't have much to say. But it was fun to listen to their stories, and I actually recognised them. Rhett and Link had told basically the same stories at the dinner table about a year ago. I knew Rhett and Link were tightly related to these men. And I felt some kind of spell hanging in the air. But it could simply be the change in the air pressure. But I was still suspicious. Something wasn't the way it was supposed to be.

The landing went perfectly and I got out of the plane.

" Bye Miranda. " Charles and James said. " We should talk again sometime "
I smiled and walked to pick up my luggage. I had too meet those men again, and hopefully they wouldn't be too far away. Rhetts dad, Mr. McLaughlin picked me up at the airport.

" Hey Mickey, sweet of ya' to come here. " He said once I stepped into the car.

" No problem Mr. McLaughlin. I think I actually might have clue to where your son and his family might be. " I said.

And it was first then I noticed Shepard in the backseat.

" Oh, hi Shepard. What's up? " I said and smiled.

" He hasn't talked since we picked him up in LA. Doctors says he's okay. But who knows. " Mr. McLaughlin said. " We're hoping you could help him. "

I looked at Shepard. He looked so sad. He looked up at me.

" Shep, you okay? " I said, trying to sound calm.

Shepard just shook his head...