Shaking

Link's POV

Mickey still wanted to close her eyes, but we refused to allow her. Our wives and kids collected around us. Lincoln came up and sat next to me.

" Mickey. Keep fightin'. You can do this. " He said and looked at her.

Mickey smiled and whispred in her weak voice.

" I'll do my best Lincoln. I'll do my best... "

She reached her hand out for him and Lily, they both held her hand. And then she reached her other hand out for Locke and Shepard. They held it as well.

" Lando. Come here. " She said and made place for him right next to her.

Lando crawled over to her and leaned his head at her shoulder. Mickey smiled. Then she looked up at me, Rhett, Cristy and Jessie.

" You're so brave. All of you. " She said. " Braver then I'll ever understand. "

We all smiled and her breathing got heavier.

" Mickey no! " Lincoln shouted.

I looked her in her eyes. They looked lifeless and glossy.

" Please! " Shepard shouted.

Rhett looked at me with sad eyes.

" Is she gone dad? " Lando asked.

I didn't answer since I didn't know how. Although she was still breathing and her eyes were wide open.

" Mickey? Are you still there? " Rhett asked.

Mickey smiled and turned towards him.

" Where else would I be? " She said.

I looked at her and she looked back. She confused me, there was something about her that wasn't right. Not counting the fact she was almost bleeding to death. Her skin got more translucent and her eyes and hair got darker. The world started spinning and the floor felt like it was sloshing around. I felt dizzy.

" Link? Are you okay? Link? "