Evil growing

Mickeys POV

Something was wrong with Rhett. He didn't react like because he was stressed. There was something else making him be so sarcastic and mean.
" Rhett? Can I talk to you for a second, private? " I asked.

" Whatever. I guess. Come on. " He said and gestured towards a corner.

I followed him and his upper lip was twitching. Once we arrived at the corner he turned me around and held his hand firmly at my shoulder. I was scared, he seemed desperate and angry.

" Mickey. You need to listen. There's something wrong with me. And I don't know what. I'm sorry for having such a short fuse, but something's wrong. I need to leave, quick. " He said.

" I was just about to ask. But where will you go? "

" I don't know. But you need to stay here and take care of the kids and Link. I've got a feeling that if we split up more than this, bad things will happen. I'm sure that where ever Jessie and Cristy are they're scared and most likely can think clearly. I gotta go Mickey. Farewell. " Rhett said and started running the other way.

" Farewell Rhett. " I whispred as he ran away.

I cried for a little bit, but then shook it of and went back to the kids. He left for a good reason. But how was I suppose to explain this to the kids? How would I explain that their dad ran away and I have no idea where he was going? When I got back Lando and Shepard where asleep, sloped up against each other. Lily and Lincoln looked up at me. Locke looked the other way.

" Where's dad? " He said.

" I... " I began

" Don't tell me he's gone! " He shouted and turned towards me.

" Locke. Calm down dude. Mickey can't control what happens. " Lincoln said.

Locke turned back around and put his knees at his chest.

" Kids, time to go to bed. " I said. " Stay close to Link so we'll notice if anything happens. "

Lily and Lincoln nodded their heads and cuddled up against their father. I guess it made them feel safe. Shepard and Lando where close enough so I left them as they were. I sat down next to Locke and put my hand at his shoulder.

" Locke? " I carefully said.

Locke looked up at me, tears were streaming down his chin for his red bulging eyes. He leaned his head at me and I hugged him.

" Where is dad? Why did he run away? " He cried.

I rubbed his shoulder.

" I don't know sweetie. And he ran away to protect us. " I said.

Locke looked up from my shoulder. He hugged me.

" But promise me to not go away. We need you, I need you. "

I smiled.

" I promise I won't. " I said and smiled.