Shepard's voice

Mickeys POV

I was almost shocked by hearing Shepard just talking to me. Although I somewhat knew he'd do it. Shepard looked at me with big eyes and smiled.

" Mickey, you're like my sister. " He said.

I smiled back and put my arm around him.

" And you're my brother. " I said. " Let's go eat. Grandma's waiting for us."

Shepard put his homework down and we walked out in the kitchen.

" Smells great grandma. " Shepard said as we walked into the kitchen.

Mrs. McLaughlin stared at him, and so did Mr. McLaughlin who sat at the table reading the paper.

" Shepard? " He said.

" Yes...? Grandpa? " Shepard confusedly answered.

" Shepard, can you talk? " Mrs. McLaughlin said.

" Yes, of course I can. "

" Then why haven't you in six months? " Mr. McLaughlin said.

" I didn't feel good. " Shepard said and sat down at the table.

Both Mr. and Mrs. McLaughlin just looked at him. I sat next to him and we both just smiled at each other throughout the whole dinner session.

" Mrs. McLaughlin? You want help doing the dishes? " I asked afterwards.

She kept looking at Shepard, and then looked at me.

" No thank you sweetheart, I'm fine. "

Shepard smiled at me.

" Mickey, could you help me with my homework? " He asked. But I could see he wanted to talk about something other then homework. Something he didn't want his grandparents to know.

" Shepard? What's on your mind buddy? " I asked as I closed the door.

He looked at me and smiled, a smile that was keeping a secret.

" You wanna know why I kept quiet? " He said.

I looked at him.

" Uh, sure. " I said. " Tell me. "

" It's easy. I don't think they'd understand. They didn't even believe dad when he told them what happened. They asked if he had fever. "

" You mean they don't believe the whole werewolf thing? " I asked.

" No, they don't every time I thought of bringing it up I just kept quiet. And since it was the only thing on my mind, I never said anything. "

He looked so relived, so happy. And he was just smiling, smiling so big. He looked at me, and I think we both thought about the same thing. I could prove to Mr. and Mrs. McLaughlin that the werewolf story was true. Prove that it's dangerous, prove that Rhett, Jessie and Locke wasn't just leaving Shepard, which actually was what I knew they thought. Prove that Shepard had the right to know about his family, about where they were, what had happened and why. Although, no one could answer these questions at the time.

" I think I know how to prove it. " I said and smiled my secret keeping smile.

" How? " Shepard asked.

" Transform, show them. Make them believe in both you and your dad. "