Chapter Fourteen

"Why are you calling me?" I pick up the phone to hear a familiar voice on the other end.

"Harry, I'm so so so sorry, I don't know what I was thinking, I was in a really bad place and I just - I didn't know what to do." His voice cracks.

"Zayn, you fucking kissed her?" I say angrily.

"Mate I'm sorry, please come over, let's talk." His accent thicker then normal.

"Right, I'll be there in 30."

I end the call.

Sometimes I worry about Zayn, Niall constantly tells me that he's falling all the time, I don't know what to do. I remember in high school, Niall, Zayn and I had the best memories. We were the kids at the back of the class that everybody hated, we would muck around so much.
I love Zayn, I really do - but this isn't the first time he's done this. I had a girl, she was beautiful - Cassie. We dated from year 10 until the last year of school until Zayn stepped in. I caught them together on my couch, he was on top of her and I can never ever get that image out of my head and it hurts all the time, but Zayn's my best friend.

I grab my jacket and head out the door. I'm wearing black skinny jeans, black boots, a white shirt with a peace sign on it, a leather jacket and my hair tied into a bun.

While in the car I notice all the Christmas lights which are still up, the snow has cleared a bit but there's still a lot. For a winters day there's a lot of people out and I notice a mother and her daughter inside the bakery and smile to myself - the little girl reminded me of Violet. I get snapped out of my thoughts when I arrive at Zayn's and see him standing at the front door.

"Hey man." He says as  him and I do our handshake.

"Still got it." I whisper.

Zayn's house is amazing, it was plain white when he first bought it, but him being the artsy person he painted and spray painted everywhere. Some of them are really incredible but he never sees potential in himself, he's too caught up by taking drugs, smoking and drinking.

"How have you been, how was your Christmas?" I ask him.

"I'm alright, I've started going to a support group. Niall rang my mum and-" he begins to shed tears. I pat him on the back gesturing for him to keep going. "-he told her everything and she and my family stayed here for Christmas, it was good to see them all again, the girls have grown so much Harry I couldn't believe it. I just want to get better."

"It will get better." I pull him in for a hug.

"I'm having a New Years party, do you want to come, you'll have a great time and it will take your mind off things.."

"I'd love to." He hugs me even tighter than what I hugged him.

"Wanna go get something to eat?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Sure." He says smiling with his teeth and I wipe his tears away.

He locks up his house and we get in my car.

Just as I'm about to turn the car on I get a text.

Mia: hey babe, what have you done today?