Chapter Eight

It's been so long since Mia has spoken to Harry. She's starting to forget his face, his voice, his smile. She's starting to forget him.

Don't forget his smile

She says in her head and crossing her eyes in frustration.

Forget him, he cheated on you.

Her thoughts taunt her once more.

The bell rings and she gathers her book, pens and laptop and walks out of class.

"Hey Mia." Gabby says as she runs up to her locker door.

"Uh hey."

In her Art class a new girl has come, Mia's teacher assigned her to be her tour guide so she can get used to the school.

"What do you have next?" She says in her bubbly voice.

"I think I have English."

"We have art after right?"

"Yes I think so." Mia replies.

***

"So we will now be starting to do portraits. You can do a self portrait or you can do it of someone else. It's your choice." Mrs Lee, Mia's art teacher says.

Yes

She thinks to herself.

"So what are you going to do?" Gabby asks.

"I'm not sure, what about you?"

"Oh I'm defiantly doing myself." She says wiggling her chair closer to Mia.

"You'll do great." She smiles.

"You should do one of your boyfriend!" Gabby exclaims.

I miss Harry.

"Boyfriend? Who told you that?"

"Oh I was getting a drink at the tap and heard a bunch of girls talking about it." Gabby confesses.

It was probably Layla and her friends.

"Oh no, I don't have a boyfriend. Not anymore at least." Mia says while fiddling with her fingers.

"Oh." Gabby says as she looks back down at her book.

***

Mia walks back to her locker while carrying all of her books, which she finds hard to do - she's not strongest girl.

"Mia." She hears down the crowed hallway.

Mia turns to see no body there.

I must be going crazy, it sounded like Harry.

As She goes to put in the code for her locker she feels a large thump on her back and she falls.

"Bitch." She then hears.

"Stand up." Is later followed.

She gets up with all of her strength to be faced by Layla.

"What do you want?" Mia asks.

"Well I heard you're now single, just wanting to know his number? I reckon he likes me." Layla says while flicking her badly cut fringe out of her face.

Mia feels a sharp cold lump in her throat, that's later followed by tears.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Mia."

"Can you leave me alone." She replies with tears in her eyes.

"NO." Layla exclaims in her high pitched voice.