Chapter 21 Let's Start Over

It was now February, and Layla already hated her job as a receptionist. Anaya birthday had passed which was January 5th and she didn't want any cake nor ice cream. Ever since she came out of the hospital she would keep to herself and never do anything; other than go to school. Layla was worried about her, but every time she would try to talk to Anaya she would always ignore her. Meanwhile Asia was already starting her nursing class, and Collin got a job from his uncle's moving company. Travis was still working at E.F.H and he was getting paid. Layla wouldn't see him or long periods of time, but when he was in town they were either having sex, or going out to eat. Layla thought to herself, "Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the time that we have together, but it's like we never have any time for each other, so we make do with the time we do have". Though Layla was going through her relationship problems, Gavin had proposed to Maw Maw, and Gavin moved in. Na'Shawn was also was playing for the gym's basketball team. Layla and Na'Shawn would go to the gym together everyday around 6 p.m. Layla would be in the workout room while Na'Shawn would be playing basketball. One day they were at the gym and Layla was about to get on the treadmill, but she left her bottled water in the ladies locker room. So Layla left her purple towel on the machine out show that it was taken. When she left some in shape fare skinned guy got on her machine not realizing it was taken.

When Layla got back and saw that he was on her machine, she was about to lose her mind. Layla walked over to the treadmill he was on and angrily said, "Excuse me sir, but you're on my treadmill". At first when Layla said it he acted as if he didn't hear her, which made Layla even angrier. Layla suddenly pressed stop on his machine, and the guy quickly started yelling. He took his headphones out of his ear and said angrily, "What the hell are you doing". Layla said baffled, "Well as you can see this treadmill was taken, and I would like to have it back". The man looked at Layla as if she was crazy and said, "Uh there wasn't anything on this machine to show to was taken". Layla frowned and pointed at her purple towel. Layla said mockingly, "Now could you please let me have my machine back". The guy got off the machine angrily, and was so close to bumping into Layla. Ever since then she would always see him at the gym in the upstairs workout room, on the same treadmill, with a red towel. Layla thought that he was being immature especially since he looked older than her. Layla would try her best to avoid him every time Na'Shawn and her would go to the gym. But she couldn't avoid him for long once she saw him at work. Layla was at work, and her administrator told her to deliver paperwork to the second floor. When Layla got on the elevator to the second floor, someone told her to hold the door. Layla wasn't going to at first, but she did anyways, and she was surprised by who she saw. It was the guy from the gym who she tried to avoid, and he looked surprised to see her as well. They both were on the elevator and suddenly it stopped. Layla was frightened and dropped the paperwork everywhere. She bent down to pick them up, and didn't realize that the guy was helping her too. He handed her the papers, and Layla said thank you. It was a long silence afterwards, until the guy spoke. He said a little annoyed, "Man I wish they would hurry to fix this elevator". Layla nodded her head in agreement keeping her eyes on the elevator door. The guy spoke up and said blandly, "So you're the treadmill girl right". Layla frowned and said annoyed, "I do have a name". The guy smiled and said, "Let's start over, like for instance; what is your name". Layla looked at him and said frustrated, "Why does it matter". The guy smiled at her and said nicely, "Well if I ever manage to bump into you again I would at least like to know your name".

Layla just rolled her eyes and kept frowning. The guy finally decided that he should introduce himself. He said, "Well my name is Will, and you". Layla looked at him and said uncaring, "Well if you want to know my name is..." Suddenly the elevator door ringed and it started again, and Layla stopped in her tracks. They both got off, and Will rushed quickly to Layla and said, "Oh yeah you never told me your name". Layla finally smiled and said, "It's Layla okay". And Will repeated her name, as he walked away and Layla thought it was kind of weird. Once work was over Layla had forgotten it Valentines Day, and she didn't know that Travis was coming back home early either. Layla had Maw Maw's car and she picked up Na'Shawn from school so they could go to the gym. Layla couldn't understand why she was so excited to go to the gym. They finally got there and Na'Shawn went straight into the gym to play. It seemed like Layla quickly got ready in the girl's locker room. Layla hurried, and got next to the treadmill that Will usually get on, and she was surprised to see that he didn't come. Layla finished her workouts on the bike and she headed to the gym to get her brother. She saw her brother and told him to hurry. Layla turned around when she heard her name being yelled from across the gym. It was Will yelling her name. Will jogged towards her and Na'Shawn, and greeted them both. Will asked Layla, "So Na'Shawn is your son". Layla frowned and said, "No he's my little brother I'm only 19". Will looked confused and said, "Wow I thought you were my age". Layla shook her head no, and Will kept smiling at her, which eventually made her smile. Will had said nicely to Layla, "Well Happy Valentines Day". Layla looked confused and said, "It's Valentines Day". Na'Shawn looked at Layla and said jokingly, "Sis you should know this I mean you do have a boyfriend". Layla frowned and said, "Whatever". Will actually looked disappointed and said, "Wow and you're not single either". Layla looked at him a little shocked by his boldness. Will walked away after that. Na'Shawn said with boredom, "Well sis I'm ready to go so are you going to stop staring at Will or what". Layla didn't know that she was being that obvious, so they finally left the gym.

Layla and Na'Shawn finally got home, and Layla was surprised by Travis. Travis was upstairs in her room with tons of Valentine's Day balloons. He had candy all over her bed, and a huge bear. Travis was standing near Layla's bed and came towards her. Layla was smiling from ear to ear. Travis walked up her and grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. Travis looked at Layla up and down and said in amazement '"Bae you've lost a ton of weight". Travis wasn't lying Layla was a size 10 now, and she was loving every minute of it. Layla said smiling, "Well thank you". Layla looked around her room amazed and said happily, "Travis how did you pull all his off". Travis said smiling, "Well I had help from Collin, plus he did the same for Asia except he was in her classroom. Layla smiled and said, "You guys are always up to something". Layla asked puzzled, "But I didn't see your car outside". Travis said laughing, "Well I actually parked in ya'll backyard". Layla looked out of her window and saw his wrangler. Layla smiled and said, "Well I didn't get to get you anything, I forgot about Valentine's Day". Travis smiled and said sweetly, "Trust me I already got my gift". Travis kissed Layla on the cheek and they both sat on the bed and started eating the candy. Deep inside Layla she felt so wrong for being excited to see Will, and she didn't know what to do about those feelings. But one thing Layla did know was that she did love Travis, and she loved him with all her soul, and heart.