Chapter Two Rising Tides

Killian Jones

         "Scrub harder," Blackbeard commands, pointing his sword at me. I obey, scrubbing as hard as I can, even though I don't want to. I don't look him in the eyes; I only look down at the floor, the place where I'm scrubbing. Blackbeard is getting ready for some adventure that's going to make him even richer than he already is.

          Blackbeard doesn't tell me anything, but I'd heard from someone else that we're going to capture someone and demand a ransom from the Queen. I don't believe it's going to work out. Snow White is the most vicious person I've ever heard of. She'll do whatever it takes to succeed. She's even worse than Blackbeard, and not many people are worse than him. The only reason why I'm in his crew is because my brother was deep in debt with him and in order to fulfill it, I had to come and work for Blackbeard.

          I haven't seen my brother since I left. I have no doubt that I'll never see him again. Most people would tell you to have hope and know that deep down you will, but it's not like that for me. Deep down, I know that I will never see him again. When he said goodbye to me that first day, he was truly saying goodbye.

          Blackbeard yells at the crew to prepare to set sail. One of the more brave members of the crew comes up to him and asks, "Where exactly are we headed? And what are we going to do?"

          Blackbeard looks at the horizon and thinks for a moment. This isn't something I'm supposed to hear, but I listen anyways. Blackbeard leans close and attempts to whisper, even though he's very bad at it. "We're going to kidnap the one who calls herself the Savior."

          Something inside of me clicks. I don't know what it is or why I feel the way I do. I feel . . . familiarity is the only word for it I guess. The feeling came to me when he said the Savior. I don't know what he means by that. I just know that there's a feeling inside of me that I cannot for the life of me shake.

          The feeling inside of me is so strong that I stop scrubbing. I don't realize that I have until I feel Blackbeard's foot kick me in the ribs and I fall to my side. I look up and feel fear in my stomach as he draws his sword. He points it at my throat.

          "Last chance to do what I ordered or you walk the plank," Blackbeard says, his eyes cold. He puts his sword back into his sheath and heads to the mast. I start to scrub harder than before, fearing for my life.

                                   Emma Swan

I wake up screaming from another one of my nightmares. I'd fallen asleep in the middle of the day. I hate it when I do that, it just brings an unnecessary nightmare. I try to shake the images from my mind. It's never easy. They all jumble together and create one huge horror. I hate that I'm helpless in here. There's nothing I can do, and there is nothing I hate more than not being able to do something.

          Lily comes in with my breakfast and kicks it towards me. I look at the portions carefully and realize that they have indeed gotten smaller. I look up at Lily and wonder if this is just the author doing this to her, or if deep down inside, this is who Lily truly is. The thought makes me want to cringe. If it is, it's my fault. Well technically it's my parents' fault. The potential I had for darkness, they took it out of me and put it inside of Lily. I hope that what I'm looking at now is not what came of that darkness.

          I'm about to say something to Lily when her eyes widen. I follow her gaze and notice her looking out of my barred window. She quickly goes to it, blocking my view of whatever it is. I hear a low growl come from her. She turns towards me and glares. "Stay here."

          "Not like I have a choice," I mutter, stuffing my food into my mouth. She shoves her helmet onto her head and exits the room with a huff. I look over at the window, trying to block the glare the sun makes in my eyes.

          I can't believe what I see. It's a pirate ship. One I happen to know well.

-

-

-

A/N: Sorry if I'm terrible at writing in a guy's point of view! This is my first experience with it and I don't know much about guys because I'm not one, so I have no idea what's going through their heads. Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed, maybe leave a comment?