Chapter Sixteen I Love You

Killian Jones

"Here," I say, handing her the cup of water. She takes it gratefully and downs it in a couple of gulps.

I start to walk out of the room to go get Henry when she says, "Killian, wait." I turn around to see her standing up, coming close to me. "Do you know why I can't remember?"

"I haven't a clue," I tell her honestly. She looks at the ground and bites her lip. "I'm sorry."

She lets out a sigh. "It's not your fault. It's just that every time I look at you or Henry, I feel like I know you. And there's this feeling I get whenever I'm near you especially. I can't explain it. It's one of the weirdest feelings I've ever felt."

"Don't worry, Swan. Henry and I will find a way to get your memories back. Right now we just need to wait to get to port. After that we're going to find the Light One. Maybe he can help."

Emma's face scrunches up in confusion. "No...that's not right. It's the Dark One. Isn't it?"

"It's supposed to be," I say. "But Isaac has messed pretty much everything up here and Rumpelstiltskin is actually light. Or not. I haven't actually met the guy here."

"We can't trust him," she says immediately. "I don't know how I know this, but we can't trust him."

"Oh I know," I answer. "I know better than to trust the crocodile. We're just going to ask him for a memory potion, and then we'll see how everything goes. If he turns on us, we'll fight him. If he gives us what we want, we'll simply walk away."

"It's dangerous. I have a feeling he won't hurt Henry, but all the same we need to make sure. When we get to port, we'll leave him here and go find Rumple. Then once I get my memories back, I can find a way to save everyone."

⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️

"You ready?" I ask her quietly, handing her the sword.

She takes it and weighs it in her hand. "As ready as I'll ever be," she answers with a whisper.

We kneel behind a bush, watching the wood cabin that's believed to be the home of the Light One. So far nothing has happened. We've been sitting here for over thirty minutes and there have been no signs that anyone is even home.

Just when I think that we have the wrong house, I hear footsteps. "You were right Rumple!" I hear Belle say with a light laugh. "It was really beautiful. The baby's really tired though. As soon as I feed him I'll put him to bed."

I watch as Rumple comes into view with Belle. She wears a yellow gown and carries a baby. I squint my eyes, trying to get a better look at it.

"Looks like the Golds stole your baby brother," I mutter under my breath. "C'mon, now's our chance." Before I move I say, "Hey, Swan, can you still use your magic? I think you may have misplaced my hook." I hold up my left arm where the brace is but no hook.

Emma stares at it with concentration. After a minute or two, the metal hook finally appears. "Let's go then," I say, going towards the door. I knock.

Belle answers the door with a smile. "Hi, can I help you?" She asks.

"I'm Charles and this is Leia. We were wondering if your husband could help us with something," I tell her.

"Of course! Come on in and make yourselves at home," she says, stepping aside from the door so we can enter. Rumple sits at the table, sipping a drink.

"What can I help you with?" Rumple asks, gesturing for us to sit.

"You see, Leia has lost her memories. I was wondering if you had a memory potion that could help return them," I tell him.