Chapter Fifteen Emma--Who?

Killian Jones

I jolt awake from another dream about Emma. Pushing it out of my mind, I stand up and look around, taking a deep breath. I stand in the Captain's Quarters as I try to remember the events of the day before. When they come back to me, I'm taken by surprise. It's hard to believe that I'm temporarily a captain.

My thoughts go back to Emma once again. I know that I have to find her. I feel as if I have to rescue her from something. But I hardly even know her, even though it feels like she's the center of my world. So what does all of this mean? It's so confusing, I just can't get my head around it.

I suddenly get a huge pain in my gut. It's not physical though. It's mental. It's...a sign. "Emma," I whisper. Eyes widening, I run out of my cabin to the first mate's where Henry is sleeping. He sits up in bed, eyes wide. I know that he felt it too.

"Henry..." I say slowly. "Is there any way to find Emma? And quickly."

"I don't know," he says, thinking. "I don't know who else has magic here." He pulls out that book he'd read to find the docks. I watch him as he scans page after page. He slams the book shut and drops it onto the bedside table, clearly annoyed. "My mom's in trouble and I don't know how to help her."

"We'll find a way," I say to him, putting my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

"How?" Henry asks, a desperate look in his eyes. I sigh and look around the room, as if the solution to my problems would be there.

"No way," I mutter, going to the small hand mirror. "Henry, take a look at this," I tell him. He comes over and looks at it, lips parting in surprise.

"What does this mean?" He asks, worry lacing his voice. I shake my head. I have no idea what to tell him. "Do you know where that is? We can go there and rescue her."

I let out a sigh. "Aye. But it's a dangerous place. Perhaps I should go alone. Emma wouldn't want me endangering you."

"Well she's not here right now and she doesn't have a say in the matter," Henry says. "Now, how far away is that island?"

"About a three day journey," I answer. "We can get there easily."

⛵️⛵️⛵️⛵️

Both Henry and I hardly get any sleep for the next two nights. I wake up from constant dreams about Emma. My mind wanders to the most recent one.

"You really save his life?" Emma asks, screwing a cap back onto a flask.

"That surprise you?" I ask.

"Well, you and David aren't exactly...how do you say it? Mates," she says, trying to copy my accent.

"Doesn't mean I'd leave your father to perish on this island," I tell her.

"Thank you," she says, her lips turning up ever so slightly at the corners.

"Um...well, perhaps gratitude is in order now," I say with a smirk, tapping my lips.

"Yeah," she says with a smile, "that's what the thank you was for."

"Mmm," I murmur, my smirk widening, "Is that all your father's life is worth to you?"

"Please," she says, matching my smirk. "You couldn't handle it.

"Perhaps your the one who couldn't handle it," I whisper, leaning in a little closer.

She stares at me for a second, an unreadable expression in her eyes. Then, she grabs the collar of my coat and pulls me in, kissing me passionately. I tangle my hand in her hair, wanting the kiss to never end. But it does.