Prologue

The half moon was high as the cold night air blew threw the dead trees, slowly blowing freshly fallen snow around. A man with pale skin slowly walked with a woman, who was clinging to his arm. She smiled at him as they made it to a small clearing.

"This where you wanna do it big boy?" The woman asked, eyes slightly glazed. The man nodded, eyes switching from black to gold as he slowly sank his fangs into the woman's neck. Before long, the woman went slack in his arms and he allowed her to drop, what little amount of blood left speckled the white snow.

There was a howl as the man turned. There stood another man with ice blue eyes, doglike ears and tail, fangs bared and claws ready to strike.

"What are you doing here Vampire?" The man with the golden eyes, which switched back to black, smirked.

"I was feeding Wolf." The blue eyed man looked at the body at the black eyed man's feet.

"Do it in your own territory, Dracula." The vampire smirked.

"Sorry Lupin, but as you know, I do as I please. You mutts are the only ones who even have territories." The werewolf's eyes narrowed.

"That's not true and you know it leech." They stared each other down. They wouldn't fight, they were equal in strength and they knew it. But that didn't keep their comrades from killing each other. The vampire sighed as he pulled on a pair of gloves.

"There is another reason I am here Lupin." The werewolf nodded.

"What is it Dracula?" He wouldn't use names against the blood-drinker if they weren't used initially. The vampire walked closer, though the wolf didn't faulter in his stance.

"As I'm sure you know, my mate is with child, and as I know, so is yours. I don't wish to put the life of my heir on the line, so let us make a deal. We can't stop the war completely, but we may be able to... surpress it a bit. If a vampire kills a werewolf, I will deal with them, and if a werewolf kills a vampire, you will deal with them."

"Are you attempting to make peace?" The vampire nodded.

"If only to protect my family." The werewolf thought about it for a minute before nodding.

"I understand. No deaths shall go unpunished." The two shook on the agreement, on the night of a half moon, on All Hallow's Eve.