Chapter 9: Save me from my self-destruction.

Life seemed perfect. I was stood in the doorway of our house. Mine and Gerard's house. We'd just got rid of his ex, and now we we're stood, snuggling our doorway. His fingertips were tracing my spine and I was nuzzling my face into his morning hair. It was the cutest morning hair I'd ever seen. 

I really thought things were going to work out right for me this time, but with Lindsey in the picture, I didn't know what was going to happen.

"Frank, I wrote you a -I.." Gerard mumbled, and eventually became too quiet to hear.

"What did you say?" I asked, kissing his cheek to comfort him.

"L-last night, I woke up, and couldn't sleep again, so I, um, wrote you a song and uh..." he trailed off, his cheeks becoming red and hot.

"Well...lemme hear it?" I asked, trying to hide my blushed cheeks.

"Can you give me a tune on your guitar?" He asked, pleadingly. "I think it'd go better with music."

"Of course." I laughed at his embarrassment. He shot me a funny look that I didn't quite catch on to, but I let go of his waist and picked up my favourite guitar. The one Gerard picked out, and began to stum. Soon enough, Gerard came in with the singing. His voice was shaky, beautiful, soft. I couldn't believe he was finally mine.

Hand in mine, into your icy blues

And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway

With this trunk of ammunition too

I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying

To let you know just how much you mean to me

And after all the things we put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you

A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full

And I feel like there's nothing left to do

But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running

But this time, I mean it

I'll let you know just how much you mean to me

As snow falls on desert sky

Until the end of everything

I'm trying, I'm trying

To let you know how much you mean

As days fade, and nights grow

And we go cold

Until the end, until this pool of blood

Until this, I mean this, I mean this

Until the end of...

I'm trying, I'm trying

To let you know how much you mean

As days fade, and nights grow

And we go cold

But this time, we'll show them

We'll show them all how much we mean

As snow falls on desert sky

Until the end of every...

All we are, all we are

Is bullets I mean this

[x4]

As lead rains, will pass on through our phantoms

Forever, forever

Like scarecrows that fuel this flame we're burning

Forever, and ever

Know how much I want to show you you're the only one

Like a bed of roses there's a dozen reasons in this gun

And as we're falling down, and in this pool of blood

And as we're touching hands, and as we're falling down

And in this pool of blood, and as we're falling down

I'll see your eyes, and in this pool of blood

I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever.

 I practically dropped my guitar as his voice faded out and I realized I couldn't see a thing. My eyes were full of tears. I let one escape and Gerard pulled me into a sudden kiss. He was crying too. I could feel his lips quivering against mine.

I don't know how long we stood there for, but we'd stopped crying, and we both had tears staining our faces. I swear, it was the best moment of my life.

"I've never had anyone write a song for me before," I squeaked to him, holding back the tears again.

"Frankie," Gerard picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist. I held on around his neck and he planted kisses onto my cheek. "I've never wrote a song for anyone and actually meant it before...and I'm going to perform it at one of our next shows," he blushed, waiting for my reaction. I froze.

"Gerard, that would b-be..." I couldn't contain my tears. I let them all out on Gerard's shoulder whilst he comforted me by stroking his hand through my hair.

"...That would be great, I mean. I love you so much Gerard."

"I love you too Frank...so much."

**

Gerard's P.O.V

"I love you too Frank...so much." I couldn't believe it. I really meant it. I mean, I've never meant it before. I mean- woah.

I slowly set him down and walked over to the kitchen to make us some brunch, when I felt a pair of soft, tattoo'd hands slide around my waist and pull me away, back to the bedroom.

I guess he'd stopped crying now.