Still Together?

Amanda's POV

My leg was killing me. It felt as if I had just ran twenty eight marathons in a row using only one of my legs. The bruising didn't help that much either. Whenever I touched it a sharp jolt of pain would run throughout my entire body. It was awful. I hated it so freaking much. Why did Emma have to shove me to the floor? I knew that she got mad sometimes, and I've seen her when she's mad, yet I didn't know that she was capable of this! I mean, I guess that it was my fault for the supposedly broken leg, as she didn't do anything to it...She did punch me in the face, though! My nose was bleeding like crazy, and I couldn't see a thing out of my right eye. God, I didn't know that she could punch things that hard. How the heck could you punch something that freaking hard and not end up breaking your hand? I hoped she hadn't somehow broken my face. Knowing the force that she punched me with, she must have done some sort of damage to my nose. It was bleeding like crazy! There must be some sort of injury in or outside of it! What would I do if she had broken it? Would she get into trouble? I-I didn't want that to happen! Sure, I didn't really like the fact that she smashed my face in, yet I didn't want her to get arrested and all that stuff because of it! She was my freaking friend! Ug, I had to see what damage had been done. I had to. If I kinda knew the stuff that was going on with my face, then I could start making up an excuse so that she wouldn't get into trouble!

 I pushed myself upwards, pain flying through my leg, and pulled myself over to the mirrors that were in this smell-ridden toilet. When I got close enough, I grabbed onto one of the sinks, dragged myself forwards, and lifted my head up to see my reflection. Oh, God...I started to feel horribly sick and light-headed. I had never broken a bone in my life before, yet I'm sure that this is what it looked like. The right side of my face was black and green with bruises, as well as swollen, and my nose was gushing out blood. There was enough blood coming out of my nose to help save tons of freaking lives through blood transfusions. How on earth was I going to come up with an excuse for this? How? I couldn't just say I fell over...The school doctor wouldn't believe that. He would see through all of the lies that I was telling. I knew that he would...I knew it! I had no other choice, though. I couldn't show up to my first lesson like this! I had to go and visit the doctor...I wouldn't tell the truth, though. I would twist it slightly. I could easily say something to do with me and Emma play-fighting, and then I accidentally fell on the floor. I could easily get away with that, right? I just didn't want Emma to get into trouble. Sure, she may have punched me in the face and yelled at me over text last night, yet I still loved her...I really did. 

I had to get to the doctors office. I had to. I wouldn't be able to survive much longer if I didn't. I would probably pass out because of blood loss and then somebody would walk into this stupid, smelly, dirty bathroom, see me on the floor, and flip out. I knew they would. Ug, I had to get to the doctors office. I had to. I wiped the blood that was streaming down my face away with my sleeve, turned towards the door, and started to make my way over towards it. I opened the door, stepped into the hallway, and drunkly made my way towards the room where our school doctor was in. With each step I took, the stronger the pain in my leg became. I was starting to think that it really was broken. Oh God, that meant that I was going to have to learn to use crutches, have my leg in an uncomfortable cast for weeks and weeks on end, and the thing that I was most scared about was using the school lift. Lift's were just plain terrifying to be honest. They were metal coffins that could break down at any time! I once saw a video online of this guy who got trapped in an elevator for two whole days. I don't know how he still takes the lift...I really don't. I don't want to end up like that guy! I really...really...don't. I don't want that to happen to me! I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked forward. The doctors office was just in front of me. I guess that was a good thing. I guess this meant that I could finally go to the hospital and get my stupid leg sorted out.