Part 15

(That Same) Wednesday Morning

With your eyes closed tight, you spun around flat on your back on the Merry-Go-Round at the park. The sun was out shining far too bright for you to look at the clear blue skies and white cotton candy clouds, so instead, you listened to everything else with your werewolf hearing. You heard birds chirping as they flew above you, also hearing their wings flap against the soft breeze. The leaves on tree branches shook against the breeze, making the branches sway back and forth.

You were focused on trying to calm yourself down. You wanted to scream. You wanted to punch things. You wanted to strangle something. You wanted to slap Liam. You wanted to push, even throw, Hayden against the wall again. You saw red everywhere and you wanted more than anything to cave into the anger.

Your focus was interrupted the second you heard Liam calling out your name about half a mile away. You sat up and opened your eyes to see him running toward you. What the hell is he doing here? You thought to yourself.

"You can't do that to me!" Liam stopped the Merry-Go-Around and stood in front of you. "You can't just run off like that again, okay?"

The anger built up even more. Everything you've been angry about and holding back kept building up and you were ready to explode. You just needed a few minutes to yourself and it hadn't even been five minutes since you left Liam and Hayden at your house. Then you noticed something. Hayden.

"Why aren't you with Hayden?" You asked skeptically. "You just found out she's alive..."

"I told her to go home." Liam sat next to you.

"Why would you do that?!" You looked at him with somewhat a shocked facial expression.

"Because she'll be there when I go back to her, but you? I had to make sure you wouldn't leave me again." Liam's words made you turn away from him. You couldn't do it. You couldn't look at him straight in the eye knowing how much pain you've caused him, and how much his words, which were true, hurt you.

"What did you mean when you said we broke you first?" Liam's hand rested on your thigh and you immediately looked down at it instead of at him.

"Look at me, please," he whispered as he gently squeezed your thigh.

You wanted to scream. You wanted to let it all out. You wanted to slap him, you wanted to beat his chest with your fists and yell at him for being so damn stupid, blind, and the worst best friend in the world.

Instead, you inhaled deeply and bit your bottom lip back. You felt your eyes begin to fill with tears, begging to escape, and placed your hand on top of Liam's. Liam turned his hand around and took yours in his. Your racing heart dropped to your stomach. You held on tight because you knew this moment was about to get real and everything would change, for better or for worse.

You exhaled and looked up at Liam. "Do you really not know? After all this time, me being in Paris, and your emails, you still don't know why? Because I think subconsciously you do..."

"Paris?!" Liam shrieked trying to grasp the idea of you flying halfway across the country away from him. He shook his head, like he was trying to push that thought aside for a second.

"While you were in Paris, you read all of my emails? And you never wrote back?" The sound of Liam's voice sounded so broken. "I poured my heart and soul out in those emails and you didn't have the decency to email me back?!" His voice started rising.

"I couldn't do it! Every emailed you sent me had me wanting to shift and rip someone's throat out!" You spat back. "Reading your emails hurt, Liam. Every. Single. Fucking. Word. I couldn't bring myself to write back to you. I had to cut all ties with you, Liam!" You crossed your arms to your chest.