Part 28

Isaac's head rolled up as you closed his bedroom door behind you and leaned your back against it. He just sat on his bed, frozen in place, debating if he should come to you or not, which made you stay put.

The silence was thick and heavy. For someone who only wanted to talk to you, Isaac had a hard time speaking. You hated this. You and Isaac had the easiest and most comfortable dynamic, and you wanted nothing more than to have that again.

You cleared your throat and broke away from Isaac's sad blue eyes. "Are you okay?"

He responded with a simple nod.

"Did you skip school today?"

Another nod.

"Where were you?"

"Out."

"Why was your phone off?"

He shrugged.

"You had Jackson worried." You looked down at your feet and whispered, "You had me worried..."

This time he stayed quiet. No movements at all.

You were annoyed. You wanted to grab his shoulders and shake him until words came out. He wanted to talk to you, only you, and yet he only said one word. He was acting like a five year old, giving you the silent treatment because he was mad at you.

You groaned. "If you're going to be like this, I'm leaving." You grabbed the door handle, but before you could turn it, Isaac's hand was on top of yours.

"Please don't leave," he begged.

"Well then talk! You want to talk to me, start talking."

Isaac took you by surprise as he pulled you into a tight hug, nearly knocking the wind out of you as his arms snaked around your lower back. It took you a second to process what was going on but in a matter of seconds you rested your hands at the nape of his neck and laid your head on his chest, listening to his thumbing heart.

"I'm sorry," he whispered into your hair.

You sighed. "I'm sorry, too."

Isaac shook his head. "You have nothing to be sorry about-"

"I shouldn't have been mad-"

"You had every right. I said those horrible-"

You shook your head. "You were right. I was mad at myself and taking it out on you." You began to play with the bottom of his hair.

"I don't like fighting with you," Isaac whispered.

"I don't either."

"Can we please not do it again? I can't stand us being mad at each other and not talking." He whispered as he rested his forehead against yours, feeling the warmth of his breath on your lips. For a second, your kiss with Isaac replayed on your mind.

You slightly shook your head, trying to shake the memory away, only making your nose brush against his. You pulled back a little before the getting the urge to kiss him again.

"Isaac, are you okay?" You began to rub small circles with your fingers on his chest, hoping it would ease the anxiety radiating from his body.

"No." He sighed.

"What's wrong?" His eyes were clouded with so many different emotions and for the first time, it was hard for you to pinpoint what exactly was bothering him.

"I can't." He advert his eyes from yours.

"You can't what? You can't talk to me? Isaac, I thought we could talk about anything." You grabbed a fist full of his shirt, begging him to talk.