Part 21

Liam's POV

Change is a funny word. It's supposed to mean a good thing, but people often hate it. They're so used to the familiar and they don't want to be taken out of what makes them comfortable, safe, and from the things and people they love. Change is supposed to lead you to new beginnings. Change is supposed to change you. Change is about not fighting with the old, and building on the new.

A lot of changes have happened in the two months since I said goodbye to Y/N and she left back to Paris. A few days later, more like a week later, I finally apologized to Scott about everything that happened. He didn't hold it against me. He knew why I attacked him in the first place and why it took me so long to apologize to him. He didn't have to, but he apologized about not keeping his promise to me. I knew he was going through so much and struggling with everything going on. And Y/N was right; the bite would have made things worse for Hayden. She could have died and she wouldn't have been able to come back alive.

Speaking of, things have certainly changed between Hayden and me. When I went to see to her a couple of days after Y/N left, she explained everything. How Theo brought all the dead chimeras back alive with some fluid she's not aware of, and how he brought them all back to just so he can have a pack. She hadn't seen or heard of Theo since that night, and the Dread Doctors hadn't appeared as well. So I did what I thought I could, what would be right, and what Scott would have done. Mason and I tried to save them; I guess you could say that. We tried to explain why their alpha was a bad guy, what his intentions were, and how they should try and save more people instead of killing them. However, some of them had a hard time believing us. They wanted to be loyal to their alpha, the one who got them a second chance at life, despite being a supernatural, Hayden being one of them. She was torn between trying to be a good supernatural like me and Scott's pack and trusting Theo as her alpha.

About three weeks after Y/N left, Hayden and I broke up. She was different. She wasn't the same Hayden I liked. I guess coming back from the dead really does change a person. However, that wasn't the only reason why I broke up with her. A huge reason was because of Y/N.

Things got worse for me since she left. I couldn't get her out of my mind. She was the first thing I thought about when I woke up, the last thing I thought about before going to bed, and constantly and randomly popping in my head throughout the day. I was frequently wondering what she's was doing in Paris the moment I think of her. I often worry if she's okay, safe, and protected by the guys, since I'm not there to do so. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me at parties, school events, or pack meetings. I'll either see someone thinking it's her, only to be disappointed it's someone else. Sometimes whenever anyone says something funny, especially Stiles, I'll laugh but I always look around to see if she's she finds it funny too, even when she's not there. I always look around.

This led to fights with Hayden. We constantly argued and when we fought, it always came back to Y/N. "You shouldn't be thinking about her," Hayden would yell at me. "Why are you always sleeping in her bed?" "Are you thinking about her again?" "Did you just say that reminded you of her?" "You mumbled her name during your nap, were you dreaming about her again?"

One night, on our last fight, things got pretty heated.

"Why are you constantly trying to change me into some sort of Y/N replacement?" She yelled at me.

"Because you're not her! I need her and she's not here anymore!" I yelled back.

"And why is that...." Tears filled her eyes.

"Because..." I looked away from her.

"Is it because she's in love with you or because you're in love with her and not with me?" She whispered.