Part 18

Friday Night

You let out a sigh of relief as you walked into the front door, making your back muscles relax. You were jet legged and considering all the emotions you experienced the past couple of days with Liam put a toll on you. You were ready to take a quick shower to get rid of the airplane smell and crash into your bed to get some real sleep because sleeping uncomfortably on and off during the flight doesn't count as sleep. Except, sleep didn't come as easy as you thought it would.

You leaned in and heard nothing. Your closed fist knocked lightly against Isaac's door, hoping he wasn't asleep just yet. You heard his footsteps making his way towards his door. You took a small step back as you heard his hand twisting the doorknob.

Isaac opened the door and the view in front of you had your eyes wide and your mouth feeling a little dry. Isaac had just stepped out of the shower. He was shirtless and only wearing a pair of grey sweats that hung low below his waist.

With a white towel in his hand, he rubbed it against his wet curls. "Hey," he whispered. "What's wrong?"

You shook your head, trying to focus on why you came to him in the first place. "I can't sleep." You looked down as you fumbled with your fingers.

Isaac slung the towel of his shoulder and grabbed your wrist. "Come in." Isaac insisted.

After putting on a clean white shirt, Isaac sat next to you on his bed. "Do you want to watch something on Netflix or something?"

"No," You mumbled.

"What's on your mind?"

"Just everything honestly," You let out a heavy sigh. "You'd think considering the emotional roller coaster I was just on these past couple of days, I'd knock out the second I crash into my bed, but no."

"Maybe you just need to talk it out?" Isaac suggested.

"Maybe," You sighed once more. "I don't know."

Isaac turned around to face you. "Do you regret how you handled things?"

You shook your head. "I had to let him go. He's in love with someone else and I want nothing more than for him to be happy, even if it's not with me."

Isaac hesitated before asking you, "What makes you happy?"

"Right now, some sleep would make me happy." You said honestly.

"So, let's try to go to sleep." Isaac stood up and walked around this bed and undid the covers. He slipped in and patted the empty spot next to him, motioning you to get in.

You hesitated. Frankly, it scared you a bit. You never really shared a bed with anyone other than Liam. You didn't know what this meant. Was Isaac suddenly your new best friend? Was he replacing Liam and you didn't even notice? No, you thought to yourself. Isaac was nothing like Liam, and that scared you... a lot.

You slowly slid into the empty spot and rested your head against one of Isaac's pillows. With your face up, you looked up at the white ceiling, and placed your hands by your sides nervously. Isaac scooted closer to you, automatically feeling the warmth of his body radiating. The second his arm touched against yours, you suddenly felt at ease. You slowly slipped your hand over his and intertwined your fingers into his. You turned around to face him, but he was looking down at your locked hands.

"To answer your question," Isaac looked up to you, "Paris makes me happy." You smiled at him.

In a matter of minutes you fell asleep and slept 14 hours straight. What you didn't know was Jackson walking in to Isaac's room the next morning to see if Isaac had seen you, only to find you cuddled sound asleep in Isaac's arms. Jackson couldn't help but smile, not just at the sweet sight, but also at the fact that both of your heartbeats were in sync.