Part 20

Two months later

You sat on the stool in the kitchen in your pajamas and eating a bowl of cereal as you watched Isaac run around the house. He walked down the hall to grab his clean lacrosse practice jersey, a pair of shorts, and a towel from the laundry room. Then, he walked to the garage to get his dried muddy cleats and shoved them in his duffle bag.

"What else am I forgetting?" He mumbled to himself.

"Your pads, gloves, and the most important one of all, your stick," You answered with a mouthful of cereal.

He looked up to you and gave you that favorite grin of his you loved so much. "Thanks." You couldn't help but smile back. A real smile.

Things have certainly gotten better over the past two months. You focused on your job. You made things work with Parker. The two of you have become really good friends now and even hang out outside of work, sometimes without the guys. Parker ended up giving you a promotion as the new manager for the American sports nights, which you were over the moon about. You loved your job. You got to mingle with tourists, talk about cities back from your home country, and watch sports while working. It was the perfect job and finally learning French and mix drinks was a huge bonus.

You and Jackson certainly got closer than you ever were before. After coming back from Beacon Hills, you both realized life is too damn short and instead of staying home during a storm, you should be outside dancing in the rain. The two of you were the siblings you never had. You constantly teased each other about silly stuff, wrestled and picked on each other, but more importantly, you both looked out for each other. Isaac often got after the two of you like two little kids when you two caused some sort of trouble or scene, which ended up with the two of you in fits of giggles. On one of your nights off from work (mostly on Wednesdays) the two of you would do something together. You'd go bowling, visit a museum, go to a park, etc. It's what made your relationship stronger.

As promised, you and Liam hadn't spoken since you left Beacon Hills. No emails were written. No calls or FaceTime were made. No simple checking-in text messages were sent. However, that didn't mean he wasn't on your mind. Unlike before, he wasn't on your mind 24/7, but he sometimes crossed your mind. The littlest and simplest things would take you back to him, which often had you wondering how he was doing, what his life was like, and if he was happy. On those days, you some times wished he broke his promise and sent you an email, picked up the phone and called you. In the end, you were glad he never did, because you were afraid he would drag you back into his life. Although he didn't know it, he had that kind of power and effect on you. You would drop everything at the sound of his voice if he needed you to. Despite missing him, you never regretted your decision. It was the best thing you could have done for the both of you and you were hoping it was working out for him like it was working out for you.

Then there was Isaac. It's no secret the two of you have gotten a lot closer within the past two months. You two could talk for hours about anything and everything, and never get bored of each other. If anything, it made you more interested in everything Isaac had to say, what he believed in, thought about, and how he saw the world in his eyes. He was easy to talk to, which you knew this since that night you told him about sleeping with Parker, but you liked it. You liked that you could tell him anything and he wouldn't judge you. He would just sit there and listen. Actually listen to what you had to say.

You were comfortable with Isaac. He had seen you at your worst and only talked about the best of you. He was able to show you to be proud of yourself and pointed out what you've accomplished since you've left Beacon Hills, despite him knowing your deepest insecurities and worries. He was your safe haven and you never felt safer than with him by your side. Whether it was talking for hours, sitting by your side in complete silence, holding on to your hand, giving you tight hugs, kissing your forehead, or hanging out every free moment you had together, you felt at home with him.