Part 27

After leaving the house before the boys made it back from school, you took Liam to see some of the historical landmarks Notre Dame de Paris, Arc de Triomphe, Le Marais, Jardin du Luxembourg, and Musée d'Orsay taking countless silly, funny, and cute pictures together. A couple of people offered to take pictures of the two of you together instead of trying to fit the both of you and the landmark while extending one of your arms for a selfie. Some of the photos came out really good and you couldn't wait to print them out.

After that, you spent the rest of the evening looking at little different shops around the city. Liam wanted to buy something for everyone back home and you enjoyed watching him mentally struggle with figuring out, calculating, and converting American money to Euros. You couldn't help but laugh because not that long ago that was you figuring out the math and Isaac laughing at you.

"Is that everyone?" You asked Liam as you walked out of Paperdolls.

"Yup," Liam followed behind you and stepped aside to tuck in the last souvenir in his backpack. "I got Lydia a purse, Kira a shirt, and Malia a jean jacket vest. Scott a wallet, Stiles some Star Wars comic books, and Mason some sunglasses. I got something for my parents, your dad, Melissa, and Sheriff Stilinski."

"Are you sure you have room to pack all that stuff back with you?"

"Yeah," he zipped up the backpack. "If not, I have my backpack." He smiled. "It's kind of getting late, shall we head back?"

"There's one more place I'd like to take you, if you're not too tired."

"No!" He answered too quickly with eagerness. He cleared his throat and said more calmly, "I'm not tired. What do you have in mind?"

"That's a surprise." You grinned and grabbed his hand. "Come on."

The sun was already setting down and the temperature was dropping. Winter weather was in full swing and it's something both of you weren't used to. Beacon Hills was hot nearly year round and rarely cold. Paris on the other hand was cold most of the time and tonight was no different. Everyone was wearing long and thick coats; some wore beanies or earmuffs, with mittens on, trying to stay as warm as they could.

You looked at your phone and noticed the time. You were cutting it really close and you knew you had to hurry up to make it on time. You dragged Liam behind you, constantly trying to get him to hurry up, but he was too distracted by Paris. The buildings, the stores, the restaurants, the cars driving on the opposite side of the road, the different and weird looking cars as Liam would say. You weaved between people, mostly couples, who were either walking together hand in hand, or with a guy's arm wrapped around a girl's shoulder, looking totally in love.

"Come on, Liam!" You started picking up the pace even faster. "We can't miss it."

"What's the hurry?! And miss what?" You heard Liam's voice from behind you, trying to keep up with you.

"It's a surprise. You'll see soon." You noticed the corner you had to turn at coming up ahead and a grin immediately formed on your face. You turned around and walked backwards, locking your eyes with Liam's. "Ready?"

Liam's lips tugged up, "Yeah."

You grabbed his hand and turned right at the corner and your eyes immediately landed on the Eiffel Tower. You turned around to see Liam's eyes widen. "It's so much taller than I expected. Bigger too."

"Yeah, it is, but that's not even the best part. Come on, we still have a couple of more minutes." You started running, Liam running next to you at your pace.

"Here," You stopped underneath the middle of the Eiffel Tower. You grabbed his shoulders as you looked up. "Stand right here...."

"Why?"