(1)

Patrick's POV

I walked to Pete's house with my bag and all my stuff cause honestly, my parents pretty much..hate my guts. They just hit me and claimed it was by "accident".

I knocked on the door and his mom answered "Hey Patrick! What's the bruise there?" She looks at me curiously. "I just kinda fell yknow. Clumsy me" I fake laugh. "Ah alright, be careful next time. Pete's upstairs" she smiles and let me in. I thanked her and ran upstairs to Pete's room.

"Patrick! What's the bruise?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows at me. I locked his door and started crying. "Patrick, Patrick shhh" Pete came to me and crouched. "What happened?" He asks, worry in his voice.

"T-they just hit me" I sob, "He called me a fuck up and a dumbass and so many more things" I continued. Pete just gave me a sympathetic look. "Listen, you can report to the police and I can help you." Pete smiles.

"I can't. They made me swear that if I told the police they'll kill me once they get out." I sigh, wiping my tears, calming down. "Patrick.. you know they can't do that. They'll be in prison for 2 years max" [I googled it, child abuse is 24 months which means 2 years]

"Are you dumb? 2 years? 2 god damn years, Pete I'll be 19 and they'd be like what? 50? I dont know but they can still kill me." I say, hugging him. Pete didnt mind, hes my best friend after all. "Sorry, I just..cant think straight right now." He sighs.

I nod and kept on hugging him. "Its okay, cmon Pattycakes lets go.. watch a movie" he weakly smiles. I nod and followed him to the bed. "Uhm Patrick.. I know now isn't a good time but.. Can I tell you something?" Pete says, looking at me.

"Yeah?" I ask, my eyes stung badly. "I understand if you dont wanna hang with me anymore but.. uh.." he says nervously. He sat up properly and put his hand behind his neck, scratching it. The thing he does when hes nervous.

"You're?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Im..um.. I'm...... a window." He laughs. I knew that was fake though, he wanted to tell me something but I cant pressure him. I laughed anyway at his kind of shitty cover up.
_________

So yyyyeeeeahhh