(7)

Pete's POV

"Hey, good morning sleepy head." I smile at Patrick. "Hey friend." He smiled and looked at the food I made for breakfast which I already ate. "Why did you tie that drawer close?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

The fact that Patrick was in a house that had lots of knives, it would give him ideas. I had to change the drawers where the knives were the last time since he tried to cut his neck with the bread knife. And I know he'd try find a knife atleast once in this entire week of staying here so I just tied the drawer close. I didn't even know how I did it but I surely made it tight. Every razor, knife and scissors is in there.

"Pete?" He taps my shoulder. I looked up at him like im saying 'yeah?'. "Why is the drawer tied closed?" He asked me.

Excuse excuse excuse.

"Its my embarassing stuff from when I was 10. I'm never gonna open that shit." I lie. "Can I see it?" He asked. "Nah, I have pictures." I lie again. I'll just show him my old diary pages in my phone.

"I wanna see it" he laughs. "No! It's too embarassing!" I blushed. "Well then that sucks." He laughs and ate his breakfast. I was surprised that he bought my lie. He can usually detect a lie. Maybe he's just playing dumb. That little kid knows how to act. If I fall asleep, he could try find the most sharpest thing to try cut the rope and have access to everything sharp in the house.

This means, I can't sleep tonight.
-

Patrick went upstairs and I followed him just in case. I was scared of him. I was scared of when he'd start going insane and start break my razor and use it. I decided to go take my shaving razor too. But fuck, I have mirrors and glass. He could just break it.

Fuck. This is stressful when you have a friend that could so easily go insane and kill himself (and you if you try stopping him) when you're not looking or something.

I need to atleast chill the fuck down.

Patrick's POV

"Pete why are you following me?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. We did this sometimes but he seems pretty serious. He's also talking to himself. "Im just, yknow.. having fun" he says, laughing fakely.

"Okay.. Can I have the ice bag?" I asked, my bruise started to hurt quite a lot now. He nods and he went downstairs quickly and came back upstairs with the ice bag.  I layed on the mattress on the floor and put the ice bag on my stomach.

"Thanks. Why do you look so... worried and scared?" I asked him, looking at his face. "Its nothing, really." Pete says,
looking at the turned off bedroom tv.

He looks really.. worried.

You could say, I kinda liked my best friend. Just a bit. I don't think he'd like me back honestly. He pretty much probably has a girlfriend. It's Pete Wentz. Who wouldn't hit on him? Oh right, straight guys.

I've been having troubled thoughts and a self esteem to match. It really pisses me off how I cant just run away from everything with Pete.

"By the way, someone's coming later." He says blankly. "Who?" I asked, "A friend named Brendon." He replied.

Brendon.. where have I heard that name before..

Isn't he the kid that had huge eyes? Yeah probably. Maybe Pete is bisexual. Maybe Pete likes him.

"Okay." I say quietly. I put the ice bag off of me since it was melting and getting colder on my stomach.
---

"Pete!" Someone shouted. He was downstairs and for sure it was Brendon. Pete literally dashed downstairs with a huge smile on his face. I only just curled up in a ball on the mattress. I heard footsteps coming upstairs and I didn't want Brendon to see me this way. It's embarassing. I walked to the bathroom and closed the door.

"Patrick?" Pete called out. I came out of the bathroom, washing my hands first to make it look like I used the bathroom. "Yeah?" I asked,

"This is Brendon. Brendon Urie." Pete says, "Aren't you.. the kid that bumped into me?" He asked, I nod. "Why are you filled with bruises? You were so clean the other day?" He looks at me and then Pete.

"Pete.. do you..?" Brendon asked, "Abuse him? No I don't." Pete says, putting his hands up. "No its not Pete. I just kinda fell yknow." I laugh fakely. Brendon eyed me curiously and just nods.

"Okay anyways, wanna play Mario Kart? I brought the game for the Nintendo Wii." He says. Pete nods brightly and I nod too. Me and Pete played it quite a lot and we stopped playing for a year or two. I wonder why I never met Brendon til the other day. Maybe Pete just doesn't want me to know him. I don't even know.

Brendon and Pete dragged me downstairs and we sat on 2 couches. Pete and Brendon on one and me alone on one. I sigh at how much space there was. I prefered Pete next to me though.

Brendon started the game and we played with 3 people obviously and some other computer players.

Me being the lame ass, I was last and Brendon was first. I didn't care if I was last though, I liked the competitive feeling. I fought for first place and eventually won. "I won!" I smile and laugh.

"Yes you did. Congrats." They laugh. We stopped playing and cleaned up. Brendon and Pete talked a lot and I kept quiet since I don't even know how to fucking talk to people sometimes nor join in a conversation.
---

BrENDoN