Prologue

Hey guys! Here I'm now, with a brand new story. I hope you like it. It's a small chapter but, well, it's just the prologue. Enjoy and please, tell me what you think!

I couldn't believe that. Everybody always told me that being a good student would only bring me benefits: but well, look at that big fat terrible situation that I'm in now.

I move myself uncomfortably in the chair and face Mrs. Littleton in the other side of the table, noticing that she's probably trying to decipher my thoughts. I can ease that for you, Mrs. Littleton:

WHAT THE HECK?

"Mrs. Littleton, I'm not sure if it is a good idea." I try to refuse her request in the politest way I can. "I and Ryan... We are not actually good friends."

She lets a sigh out, closing her eyes in worry.

"Ella, I know my nephew isn't the best person in the city" She looks at me with puppy eyes, refuting my thesis that adults can't possibly do that. It's, in fact, even more heartbreaking (and incredibly awkward) when teachers do it. "But you're my last resource. He's going through a tough phase. You're the best student of the class and, believe it or not, there wasn't anyone who was willing to help him".

'I wonder why' I think ironically.

"I can see what I can do..." I stammer.

One of my worse defects is that I have a big deal with the word "no". It just won't leave my mouth! I try my best to help everyone that asks, but really, some people just take advantage with that and turn me into a pushover. Even though it's not Mrs. Littleton's case, asking me to tutor Ryan McCauley is a little too much. Why? Because this guy is the devil in disguise.

"Please, if you do that, it would be a huge favor for me." My math teacher smiles kindly. "Ryan is not just my student, he's my only nephew and I love him truly. If you can help with that, please do."

I sigh. Even McCauley being a grumpy bad boy, his aunt was an angel. And she was also a great friend of my parents, what increases my affection towards her.

"I will. Don't worry, I will do it." I say, defeated.

"Ella, you're wonderful." Mrs. Littleton lets a genuine smile out. "Your mother would be so proud..."

I wish she would, I thought. After all, this would be hard job.