The day I almost kissed Ryan

Hey you guys! Thank you for all the comments and votes,  and I just want to wish a really amazing, blessed new year! And I know that Christmas was a few weeks ago, but merry Christmas! Even if you are not Catholic as I am, or christian, I really wish you many, many blessings <3

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

PS: What do you prefer, Jella (Jay and Ella) or Rella (Ella and Ryan)? Yep, I dont know how to put ship's name. Help me you guys. 

When I come in to the living room I try to look for Angela, nevertheless the room is so crowded that I decide to do it later and just dance a little.

I find a comfortable spot amongst the people and throw my arms up, moving according to the rhythm. I don't know what song is that, however I don't actually care, as it is a nice one. Partying is not usually a thing that I do, but I always loved to dance, I even went to some classes a few years ago.

When I already danced two or three songs, I feel thirsty. My throat is dry and I'm sweaty, so I make my way to the kitchen to drink some water (I don't drink alcohol). The room is less crowded and there are just a small amount of people that are drinking and talking normally, and I grab a glass that is placed in the balcony, filling it in with water from a bottle near it.

All of a sudden I feel a hand softly landing on my shoulder and I turn back to see who is it. You can imagine my surprise when I see Ryan with a blackish swollen eye, a bleeding nose and a stained shirt. He looks angry and like he just got out of a battlefield. My mouth opens in surprise and I gently place my hand on his face, making the anger on his features soften a bit.

"Oh my God, what happened to you?" I ask incredulously, , touching his eyes cheeks to see if it's as swollen as it looks. Analyzing Ryan's face he looks ashamed under all those bruises, and takes my hand off his cheeks gently. Everybody in the kitchen is staring at us, and there's no surprise in that. I mean, it's remarkable that the boy is on his feet, considering how bad he looks.

"Well, you should see the other guy." Ryan manages to smirk. I chuckle nervously, which I always do when I don't know what to do. "I just came to tell you that I'm going home, so you might want to catch another ride."

"Are you kidding? You aren't going home alone like that." I exclaim, placing my hands on my hips. "I'm coming with you to fix this mess in your face".

Ryan looks down and scratches his neck in embarrassment.

"Look, you don't need to. I know how to handle myself, it happens quite often to be honest." He replies.

"Doesn't matter." I simply shrug my shoulders. "I'm coming with you and you will tell me what the heck happened. Now c'mon."

He tries to convince me that there's no need to come with him, however I simply ignore his words and reassure that I'm certain about my decision. You know, women always have this kind of 'protective sense' and I just feel that I should help this poor beaten up guy. Even though is Ryan, and I'm pretty sure that he went looking for all this bruises.

As I know that my grandparents would freak out if they saw Ryan and I in the same room voluntarily and I would feel uncomfortable in his house, we (aka I) decide that the best idea was to stay in the party and go upstairs to find a first aid kit. I go to the restroom and open the bottom drawer, where I grab a white box.

"Please tell me that your hand is light." He begs with a scared expression and I chuckle.

"Be a man, McCauley. C'mon, we are going to Ange's room. There's at least privacy in there."