Evan Reeves

YAAAY my story was added to someone's reading list! Thank you infinity_stories12 for that <3 If anyone added it too and I didn't thank, that's because I didn't see it okay guys?

So yeah, here I am with a quite long chapter (at least longer than the others) for you! Hope you enjoy it. In the media we have Ange today, isn't she gorgeous?

Ryan.

I could tell that Jo definitely didn't like Ella. Really, Jo is so protective that if she was a male dog she would pee all over me. All I do is curl my lips into a smile when I see the scowl she has on her face while driving.

Jo and I are best friends since ever. My mom is good friends with hers and we have been really close to each other as long as I can recall. Jo real name is Jolie Ann, however it doesn't fit her personality at all, so she asks everyone to call her Jo.

When I hear 'Jolie Ann', I picture a cute petite girl dressed in a rosy dress full of embroidery and flowers; Jo is not like that. She's latina, taller than most part of girls, with long and voluminous black hair that reaches her waist. Her skin is brown and has this beautiful lushness, her eyes are honey-colored and her brows are thick and 'flawless', I guess, at least is that what most part of girls attest. What is this thing girls have with brows? Ugh.

Anyway, about her personality, it is... uh... a bit harsh. I love her a lot and I know that, under all that 'bad girl' cover, she is the little Jolie, with a rosy dress. My theory is that Jo has all these concrete walls built to protect herself, as her father ran away when she was just a child and that made her extremely insecure, thinking that he left because of her. He came back to check on her eventually, nevertheless I can say that she still feels a big grief about his abandoning.

"Uh... thank you for the ride." Ella thanks shyly and Jo grumbles, what I imagine that is a 'you are welcome' in her own language. "Bye".

"See you tomorrow" I bid Ella goodbye and she gets out, heading to her front door, and casually looking back to the car with her lips stretched in a thankful smile.

As soon as we leave, I glance at Jo with a reproachful expression, and she faces me like a six year old child who just been scolded.

"What? I did nothing!" She claims in a defensive way, throwing her arms up.

"Did you have to be that grumpy with the poor girl?" I ask her. "I know that you are all jealous, afraid to lose this amazing piece of man that I am and all that stuff, but that won't happen." I tease with a smirk.

Jo's face, even being dark, gets all red and she looks away shyly.

"I'm n-not j-jealous, you jerk." She stutters and I chuckle, squeezing both of her cheeks while she tries to get away.

"You are such bad liar, Jolie Ann." I state. "So yeah, where do we go now? I have to be home at nine."

"A curfew, huh?" She raises an eyebrow with a funny look. "What did you do to get your aunt so upset?"

"Some stuff. Hey, what about some mac&cheese at Kinky's?" I try to change the subject to food, what always distracts Jo.

"Now you're talking, dude." She grins at me and we make our way to the restaurant.

Kinky's is somewhere that I can call 'our place'. Jo and I are really fond of there, for we discovered that place when we were only thirteen and since then we have been finishing with the whole deposit of mac&cheese. It's the best ever!

We get there and choose a table for us. Paul, the waiter, greets us and we order the usual, which he already knows. Spending time with Jo is one of my favorite things to do, and now that I switched schools we haven't been seeing each other as often as we did. I miss our talks.