Feelings

GEEZ I JUST SKIPPED ONE CHAPTER. But well, thank God I noticed it and now I'm gonna fix that for you guys.

Here is the right one. Hope you enjoy!

PS: Thanks a lot _fandom_elf for commenting in my story, it's really nice to get a new reader <3

The party is already crowded when we get there. Jay and Ange's place is huge and I have the feeling that every single spot there is full of teenagers. The song "Lean on" is playing loud and I can't hear even my own thoughts, what is awkward, because Ange never liked loud music. Well, guess the guests did. Ryan gets down from the bike and offers me his hand to help me do so. I shyly take it, noticing how soft it feels.

"Wow." He babbles, scanning the place. "That's a big place".

"And you're such an observer." I sarcastically point.

"Shut up, Archbald". He snaps and I poke him with my elbow.

"I'm going to look for Ange. See ya." And I get in.

The lights are off and everybody is dancing like crazy. Some couples are kissing and I try to find Ange among the crowd, but she's not there, so I go to the kitchen. I greet some friends and see more couples kissing and people dancing. The music is actually annoying me a little, so I go outside, where there's a pool and is calmer and the music is lower. I breathe deeply and wonder where Jay is. 'Probably with Lydia', I think resentful.

There are few people in this place, most of them talking or just having a good time together. I take off my shoes and sit near the pool, emerging my feet on the water. It always was something that eased my feelings for some reason, and I stay there for some minutes, just calmly moving my feet through the water. At some point I feel a soft touch at my shoulder, and turn back thinking that it's probably just Ange or Ryan. My heart almost stops.

"Hey." Jay greets, his lips curled into a smile. We see each other almost every day, however I always feel breathless when I see him. His beautiful blonde hair, that is almost always messy, is pulled back and neat, making him look amazingly good.

"H-hey..." I stammer. My heart is hammering in my chest like crazy and my hands start to sweat.

"May I seat?" He asks in a mumble and I nod sheepishly.

Jay sits next to me and I'm able to feel his amazing scent. He looks perfect today. I already told you about his awesome hairstyle, but well, I can point one more time that it is amazing. He's wearing a v-neck shirt with black pants, and I just can't look straight at his face. All I can do is face the water, and feel pathetic.

"You look amazing." Jay compliments and I can feel his gaze at my profile, making my cheeks blush. I just don't know what to say, so I just blurt what's in my mind.

"Jay, about the other day, I really..." I start with my lids closed, however he interrupts me.

"I was stupid". He mutters and I look at him surprised. Jay is not facing me anymore, instead he's looking at the sky and I know that he's embarrassed. "I was blind, Ella, I can realize it now. When I came home I thought about many things and many of our talks. You told me that you liked me so many times and I didn't even notice. You told me that when I talked about Lydia the other day, saying that she would be crazy if she didn't like me. You told me that every day when we spent lunch together and I caught you staring at me. You told me so many times! I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm so sorry."

"Hey, Jay" I call him softly and my friend turns his face to me. His eyes look guilty, but they have no reason to, so I take one of his hands with both of mine. "It's not your fault. It is anyone's fault, and if it was, it'd be mine. Please, don't feel bad because of all that. I love you more than as friends, but I really would like to still be your Jella, your silly bestfriend. Please, let's just keep like it was before, Jay."

My hopes all vanish with his next sentence.

"I don't know". Jay mumbles and my heart skips a beat. I feel bad, crushed, and tears fill my eyes. I look down again, trying to stop them, clinching my jaw, because I know that once I start to cry, I won't stop. All the confidence that my dress, my makeup, my hair brought me, it is all gone by now.

"I don't know Ella, because I have to think about what I feel for you." He completes the sentences and I can't believe what I hear.

"What?" I stutter, looking to his face again with an astonished glint on my eyes. Jay sighs and stares at me.

"After you told me about your feelings, I came home confused. I mean, really confused. I was facing the fact that you loved me, something that I honestly never considered before. One week ago I was sure that I didn't like you this way, because I never thought about us together... However I thought about it yesterday." I can't believe this. I need to hear that. I need to hear Jay saying what he's going to say. "And I don't know what I feel anymore. I don't want to hurt you Ella, because I still like Lydia, and I don't want to hurt her either. But I'm not sure what I feel for you is just a 'friends affection'. I need to think. Do you understand my point? Please, don't get upset."

I can't help but smile. It's not a never. Maybe, just maybe, the possibility of Jay liking me back exists. All the thoughts and wishes I did before sleeping maybe, just maybe, can come true. And this possibility is enough to make me happy, it's better than having a definitively no, after all.

"I understand." I finally respond. Jay looks relived and smiles at me. "I will give you some time to think. Please, talk to me after you do it."

He nods with his lips slightly curled in to a gentle smile. I get up, grab my shoes and face him once more.

"Nice match today". I compliment with a slight smile and leave.