Missing.

Ryan's POV.

It've been almost one whole day since I went out with Ella and I need help urgently; for some reason there's a smile that won't get out of my face. I look like a complete fool with it on, and Ella just won't get out of my freaking mind! Besides, every single time I remember her, or her laughter, or how I made her smile and have fun in a night that she was feeling so down, I feel like my stomach was throwing a party. I made her happy. 

"Hey, what's so funny about that book?" Dad is at the kitchen and I'm studing (okay, trying to) in the living room. He can see me from there, and I look at him, frowning.

"There's no fun at all, believe me. Why?"

"You're smiling. Like a total fool." He chuckles and walks towards me, sitting at the chair right besides me with a glass of wine. I try not to look surprised. Dad and I almost never talk, and I'm enjoying the fact that, since my accident, he's actually paying more attention at me. "What's her name?"

"Who's name?." I feel my face burning. I must be red right now, and Dad stares at me in total disbelief.

"C'mon, I may not deserve the Best Dad award, but I know you. I don't see such a smile since that Tess girl agreed to be your girlfriend."

My muscles suddenly stiff. I really don't want to talk about Tessie right now, and Dad notices it. He puts his glass on the table and sigh.

"Okay, wrong thing to say. Forget it. But tell me, who's the girl?" 

"Her name is Ella." I finally give up and tell him about her. I have to tell someone about it, and Jo is totally out of the question. She has been quite unstable when it comes to her temper, and I can't even mention Ella's name that she gets even grumpier than she already is in a regular basis. I wonder why. "Yesterday I saw her. She was so sad, Dad, and I made her smile. I made her forget her stupid boyfriend... He cheated on her, y'know."

"Jeez." That's all he said.

"I know, right! I mean, he had her, and he lost her. Her heart is such a treasure, she gave it to him, and he screwed it. The guy is a total jerk." I realize I'm gesticulating too much and I contain myself. 

"What does she looks like?" Dad asks after a moment and a sip of wine. I think a little before answering his question.

"I don't know how to describe her." I sincerely confess. "She's... wonderful. Really annoying sometimes, I admit, but lovely. Her hair is... And her face... Wow. Just wow."

"I didn't understand a thing. You definitely don't know how to describe people." He honestly tells me and I chuckle. "But you're in love. This I can tell."

"She has faith on me, Dad." I whisper, maybe more to me than to him. "She has faith."

-

Ella's POV.

For you, dear person who say that school sucks, always think that it could be worse. Put yourself on my shoes. It's Monday and I have to go to school to face a cheater and the cheater's sister, that's is a bad bestfriend. They were my only company and now I will be eating alone in the restroom just like that bullied kids. Life bullies me. Not fair.

Besides, the prom will be on three weeks and my grandparents even let me go because I told them that I was very, very sorry because I lied (and really I was), and because that was my last prom and I wanted to go with my boyfriend. Guess what? Now I have no boyfriend and consequently no date. And no bestfriend to go with me as my date. Guess I'm not going.

I really don't want to go to school because Jay has been calling me nonstop and I'm avoiding him. As we are together in our classes, I have no way to avoid him now, which means that we will have to talk about what happened, how he cheated on me, how he's a dipshit, etc. However, I have a very important essay to do today and I can't miss school for anything in this world. It's a philosophy essay with bonus credit, so skipping school is totally out of question.

I say goodbye to my grandparents after I finish breakfeast and head to Hank, my car. I drive as slow as I can until a old man comes to me, shouting bad words from the XIX century and telling me to hurry up. So I just do as asked, for I don't want him to stress out and have a heart attack, and soon I realize I'm already parking.

My hands sweat while I walk towards the classroom. The bell already rang and the students are also heading to their classes when I feel a hand grabbing my arm. Darn it. I know this hand.

"Ella! Where have you been? I've been calling you nonstop this whole weekend." Jay asks and I face him. 

"Yeah, I saw it." I snap. "But you weren't so worried about me when that happened, were you?" I inquire, taking my cell out of my pocket and showing him the picture of him and Lydia kissing.

I truly hoped, deep inside, that he would tell me that it wasn't him, that I was crazy. However he grows pale and widen his eyes, and then all the hope I had vanished. It was him. No doubt about it anymore.

"Who sent you that, Ella?" He asks in a low voice.

"So it's true, isn't it?" I reply, putting my cellphone back on my pocket. 

"I can explain it..."

"What will you tell me, Jay? That she went there, forced you to kiss her, forced you to caress her hair? Oh, please!" I snap angryly. He stays quiet, without facing me. I close my eyes and sigh. "Look, I don't want to talk right now. Just let me be, okay? We can talk another time, but all you can do right now is make me even more upset and, mostly, disappointed."

I take my ring, our ring of friendship, out of my finger. He stares at me in surprise.

"That won't be needed anymore." I whisper and give it back to him. I turn back and walk to the classroom feeling more tired than ever.

-

I didn't see Ange today, anywhere. It's awkward because she never skips class and because Jay came and she didn't, and since they're siblings it hardly happens. I caught myself wondering if she is ill or something, and it got me worried. I even considered texting her, but I didn't. My cell died and I was still upset with her. It's funny because if she insisted a little, I would forgive her. I hope she does; now that I'm calmer, I see that I don't want to be without my bestfriend. 

Ryan spent the whole day with me. He was so nice and fun! I see that he's trying to make our friendship work, and that he worries about my well-being. That really gets me very happy. I like spending time with him, surprisingly

When the school day is finally over, I get my things and get out of the classroom quietly, thinking about the lovely sandwich I'll force Katie to prepare me, when I see Jay coming to me. I roll my eyes and keep on walking.

"Ella, I need to talk to you." He whispers worriedly, but I don't stop walking.

"Didn't I say that I don't want to talk to you?" 

"Yes, but that doesn't matter right now. It's about Angela."

When he said that, I suddenly stop and chills go down my spine. She wasn't at school today.

"What's it?" I inquire, facing him nervously.

"She came to school with me today, but I didn't see her during the classes. She texted me that she headed back home because she wasn't feeling good, but I just called my parents and she never came home. Then I went to the headmaster to ask him if she ever got the permission to leave. She didn't." He runs his hands through his hair. "We don't know where she is, Ella."