Chapter 8; Chcolate bunnies

"Eugh! R, I can't sleep!" I groan, standing up and walking towards the door. Reid jumps up and blocks me. "No, Eden. You need to sleep." I try pulling him away but he just wraps his arms around my waist an pulls me towards the bed.

"Reid, Your being a meanie!" I yelled, pushing him. He smiled and shook his head. He pushed me down so I was laying on my back on the bed. He hovered over me, a warning look on his cute face.

"Eden. Stay." I pouted my lips as he stood up and walked away. I rolled over and turned away from him. Asshole.

I tried for maybe another five minutes but it didn't work. I rolled back onto my side so I faced where Reid sat by the door. "I can't sweep." I said, with a pouty face. Reid stood up and sat on the side of the bed. "Well what do you want me to do?"

I thought a minute. Then gave him the puppy dog face. "Can you sleep with me?" He just stared at me a minute. A little confused. He then sighed and pulled up the covers, sliding under. I smiled and cuddled up right beside him, hugging his arm. He froze a minute. I just giggled.

I still couldn't sleep though. I was burning up under these covers. I groaned and crawled out of the bed. Sadly, I fell on the floor instead of standing up straight. "Eden, get up." I stood up and gave him a stupid face.

"Shut up, meanie." I turned away from him and took off my shirt. Then my skinny jeans. I sighed in relief and slipped back under the covers. Reid's eyes were wide and his lips were slightly apart. His eyes ran up and down my body multiple times. "Uh... E-Eden? W-What are you doing-g?" He stuttered.

I wrapped an arm around his waist and laid my head on his shoulder. "I was hot. Now I'm more comfortable,"

He tensed underneath me. But slowly, he put his hand around my shoulders. I smile and dug my cheek into his shoulder.

Long periods of silence passed us. I could tell Reid was still awake because he kept freezing every time I moved. And I couldn't sleep.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked, at nearly a whisper.

"Yea." He answered, rubbing his thumb along my bare shoulder. I shifted my head until I was looking up at him. I smiled. "You look like my crush."

He tilts his head to the side and melds his eyebrows together. "What?"

I turned my head away and giggled. "Your chocolate brown eyes. The brown and blonde hair. Amazing jawline. Dimple when you smirk," I lifted up his shirt and poked his abs. "Eight pack."

"This guy seems awesome." I smiled, my eyes drifting shut. "He is.... But he sleeps with the whole school... so I'm not sure how stupid that makes me. He might just use me. You know?"

Reid doesn't answer. And I'm slowly falling asleep. But right before I'm out, I feel a warm touch on my forehead. And a deep, soft voice whispering to me.

"What are you doing to me Eden?"

~~~*~~~

♠♥♣♦Reid's pov♦♣♥♠

I wake up with Eden right by my side. My arm is draped around her shoulders and hers are wrapped tightly around my waist. Her head lays on my bare chest... well.. more like abs. And her hand lays right below that, at my V-line.

My breath hitches and I tense up. Dammit, Eden.

An image of last night comes into my mind. Of drunk Eden. When she was all happy and carefree. She was happy to be around me. Comfortable around me. Like she used to be. In eighth an ninth grade. She wasn't worrying about what could happen in the morning when she stripped down and climbed in beside me, snuggling up to me.