41; True Love

▪🔹▫🔸Eden's pov🔸▫🔹▪

Loving the bad boy was something I never prepared myself for. I never prepared to get hurt. I never knew what to expect. Every girl wants a bad boy.

Some just don't realise it until they've got him... then lost him.

Which is where I'm at now.

I wasn't expecting to go to school the next day and Reid not be there. And it wasn't 'skipping' class. He literally wasn't there all day. All of the classes. It put a bigger ache in my heart.

At lunch, Tanner kept hugging me, saying these exact words; "i don't know what's up but I know you don't want to talk about it. If I ask, you'll probably rip my head off." It made me smile for the first, and last time of the day.

I was scared. Nobody knew what was wrong. Nobody knew if he was pissed, sick, busy, fighting, or just didn't want to come. None of those options seemed good. But the best one seemed like fighting or sick.

Everyone could tell I was down. But no one dared to ask. Amelia held my hand halfway through lunch and gave me sad smiles the whole time.

I road the bus home blaring Falling In Reverse. I just want to go home and sleep. That's it. I don't want to communicate with anyone or anything. Just leave me and my music alone and I'll be fine.

I get off the bus, not taking my headphones out. I shove my hands inside the pockets of my hoodie- well... Reid's football hoodie. Dammit.... Why can't I stop myself from doing things like this?

I walk inside my house and pull out my headphones, shoving them in the pocket. I drop my bag on the floor and make my way to the kitchen, where my mom and Eva is.

"Oh my God..." My mom mumbles, covering her mom. Her eyes are transfixed on the counter, listening to every detail of the person on the phone. I furrow my eyebrows and turn to Eva.

"Who's she talking to?"

She shrugs, looking back at mom. My mom's eyes meet mine and she gasps, covering her mouth with force.

"Mom. What's wrong?" Mom looks away and starts crying. She releases her hand from her mouth and nods. "O-Okay.... S-She's right here... I'll tell h-her." Since when does my mother stutter?

I start getting worried. She slowly puts the phone down and faces me, tears clouding her eyes. "I'm sorry, baby."

I furrow my eyebrows, getting mad. "W-What's wrong? Who was that? What do you need to tell me? What's going on?" She licked her pale lips. "E-Edenlyn... sit down." I do so and run a hand through my hair.

"Mom... tell me what's wrong."

She takes a deep breath, sniffling.

"Eden.... Reid's in the hospital... and this time it's not for Emily."

~~~*~~~

"Where is he?!" I yell, storming into the hospital. My eyes are filled with warm tears. Mad tears. Sad tears. Scared... tears.

I run up to the front desk.

"Reid Collins! Where the hell is he?!" The woman behind the desk stands up, holding a hand out to me. "Ma'am we need you to calm down. We have other patients sleeping."

"I'm not going to calm down until you tell me where he is!"

"I understand that ma'am. Please lower your voice and I'll look him up." She slowly sits down in the desk.

"Oh my god, Eden!" Trina wraps me in a hug. I hug her back, crying into her shoulder. Our bodies shake as we both cry.

"What happened, Trina?" I asked through tears. She rubbed my back and pulled away. Her cheeks were red. She's been crying just as bad as I have. She rubs her hands up and down my arms. "Let's go sit down and talk about it. You need to calm down." I nod and she walks us to the waiting room.