37; Daium

▪🔸▫🔹Eden's pov🔹▫🔸▪

Once I finally got home, I was exhausted. Even though I had a most comfortable, pleasant nap on Reid's chest just a couple hours ago.

As soon as I got out of the shower, I crawled into the covers and shut my eyes. But not ten seconds after, my phone rang. I groaned and grabbed it, putting it to my ear without looking at who it was. "Hello?" I asked harshly.

"Well that's not the way to talk to your boyfriend." My eyes shot open. "Reid! I didn't know it was you!" He laughs. "Were you trying to sleep, clumsy?" I closed my eyes, imagining Reid right beside me.

"Yea..."

"Okay. I'll let you get your beauty sleep. Go-"

"No!" I interrupt. I sigh. "No... I want to talk to you. It's just... I don't know I feel more tired than usual." He huffs. "Your telling me. It's eight thirty, E." I pulled back my phone and looked at the time, then put it back on my ear.

"Shit man." He laughs. "You talk like a dude." I smile. "You still love me anyways."

"Forever and always, baby." We drift into a peaceful silence. My smile doesn't go away for a good two minutes. And I just hold my phone to my ear. I'm starting to fall into a sleep when he speaks.

"Eden?"

"Hm?"

"Can I tell you something?" I was suddenly awake. "Anything, babe." Wow, I'm starting to talk like him now. He sighs. And I can almost see him running a hand through his hair. "I'm actually scared for Friday."

"Really? You were acting so cool about it."

"Yea but that's what I'm good at. Hiding my true emotions. You should know that better than anyone." I stifle a laugh. "I barley noticed it. I was usually able to see right through your invisibly little shield."

He's quiet a few seconds.

"I knew you were always different. You always could tell when something was wrong. Or when I was hiding something."

Does he know when to shut up? He loves to make me blush and feel embarrassed.

"And you always know how to make me blush or freeze." He laughs and we fall back into that silence. And I'm seriously almost asleep.

"I love you, E."

I smile, one second away from falling asleep.

I love you too, R."

~~~*~~~

I wake up, the back of my mouth feeling sour. I instantly get up, knowing good and well what the feeling is. I put a hand over my mouth and run to the bathroom. As soon as I get there, I lean over the toilet and let it all out.

I thought I was feeling sick to my stomach yesterday.

"Eden! Oh my god!" Eva ran into the bathroom and held up my hair out of my face. I threw up a couple more times before I finally was done and I took heavy breaths, leaning back against the tub. Eva sat on the floor in front of me.

She looked worried and placed a hand on my knee. "Are you okay?" I shrugged and flushed the toilet. "I am now I guess."

"Yea, I heard there was a sickness going around." I rubbed my face. "Doesn't matter. I have a test today and cannot miss it. Mr. Riley will call my parents saying I've been failing if I don't show up. He threatened me with that one."

Eva sighed and stood up, holding out a hand to me. "Well come on then. Let's get your dressed for school." I grabbed her hand and she pulled me up. but right as I did that, I went back to the toilet, throwing up my gut.