9.) Well.. This Complicates Things!

Chapter 9

--Dan's POV-

I sat still, looking down on the angel that was resting in my arms, stroking her hair out of her face.

How she could seem younger than me is un-real. She's so much more mature for her age, and I think that's why I love her.  

Not once since she was at my house, have I thought of her as younger than me.

She doesn't deserve any of this.

She's too good to be in this hospital bed. It's my fault she is.

If only I bought that damn non slip mat, she would have never have fell and hit her head.

In frustration, not being able to scream and shout, I managed to just grit my teeth and hold in my rage that so wanted to come out.

**Beep Beep**

Hearing the beeping of my phone, I rushed to grab the phone from the unit beside the bed, careful not to disturb her.

1 New Message.

Why have I got a massive feeling that I already know who this is..

Mr Curtis, you are needed in the school today.

There are no buts', this isn't an official message, but Daniel I know what you're up to. I may be old, but I'm not stupid. I'd like for you to come by my office, we need to have a little chat, now please don't be worried.

You have had 2 days off in a row and that is unfair to the other teachers. The school's refurbishment plan has fell through, so unfortunately all staff are needed in.

We are short staffed and need all the help we can get today, so please, please make your way to school.

Kind Regards

Mrs Mynstri

Principal of Rosemont High

Now that, was unexpected. I took another look at the message, then looked down at Sara, who was still dreaming. Sara is just so damn cute, when she sleep's she talks, and murmurs. Sure, she may fidget a lot, but who doesn't?

I checked the time on my phone.

7:00am

Ah, that's ok, school doesn't start 'til 9:00am anyway, so I can still sit here for a little while. I put my phone back down on the unit, and attempted to lay down with Sara again.

Successfully lying down again, I wrapped Sara in my arms again and wrapped the thin hospital cover around her.

I closed my eyes and rested my head next to Sara's. As soon as I started to get comfortable feeling Sara beside me, feeling her heart thud against my chest as she snuggled into me, I drifted to sleep.

-Dan's POV-

1 hour later...

I woke up a little grumpy, considering I woke up just as my dream started to get interesting. 

I sighed in defeat and slid Sara out of my arms and sat up on the side of the bed. I grabbed my phone and checked the time again.

Damn.. I've got an hour, its 8:00am. It's going to take me half an hour to get to the school.