12.) Well.. This Complicates Things!

Chapter 12

--Dan's POV--

I made sure Sara had left the room before I even attempted going outside and facing 'them'.. How on earth did they even manage to get here that fast!  

Not even I knew that me and Sara were going to be stopping here the night.. Something's wrong.. Someone must know what we're doing, where we're going etc..

All I've got to do is find out who..

I ran over to the front door and popped my head around the corner, double checking that Sara definitely left.  

I can't have her see me like this when I haven't even told her about it yet.

After I knew for certain that the coast was clear, I threw my shirt off and started to concentrate on changing..  

After a few minutes, I could feel my bones cracking into place, expanding.. I started to feel my skin stretch and the fur making itself known.  

After my rib cage completely crushed itself down and made itself into my wolf form, my head was the last to go... And the most painful.

I started to hold back the agony sounds I usually made whenever I changed.  

The only reason it hurts so much at the moment is because I've been so out of practice.  

My father is the Alpha of the Karetti Pack, therefore he's the most strongest of us all. I'm the heir to that heritage, which makes me the second strongest and also the second in command.

3 years ago I explained to my father that I wanted to have a chance at a normal life before I had to take over the rule of the pack, and shockingly my father understood that.  

My father has kept me well funded, although I have been very determined not to use my father's money.  

So it has just been stocking up in a new bank account I had made previous to leaving the pack for a while.

I only ever used it in an emergency.. This I would class as an emergency, but what can I use that money for now to help me? Nothing. Money is no use when it comes to trying to save yourself and the one you love.

'Money can't buy happiness'

I can't help but think that, the old saying is very true.

After my skull completely demolished itself, new bones were formed.. I could feel the strength filling my entire body as I started to get engrossed in the noise I heard outside.. They didn't know that I know they're there.

Fools.

I counted down from 5 to 1, and then I pounced.. Only to land on some familiar faces that I haven't seen in a while..

"Daniel?... Dan is that you?!" a voice screamed.

I honestly can't believe who was stood before my eyes. Ana.. She is my best friend when I was at the pack house.  

Ana was a wolf along with me, she turned when she met her mate 4 years ago. She's 25 and has dark glossy brown hair that went for miles.  

Ana is a beautiful girl, but I've never thought of her that way, and neither has she, since she has a mate.

"Dan? Is that really you?" Ana asked. Disbelief in her eyes.

"Err, yes, it is.. What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked still by seeing her.. Especially here. In the middle of nowhere.