14.) Well.. This Complicates Things!

Chapter 14

-Dan's POV-

The deafening sound of silence filled my ears.. I hated that!

"Can we come in?" I asked, gesturing with my hands toward Sara and myself. I don't know why my Dad is acting like this, he's never so formal.

Maybe he's nervous?...

Nah... He's never nervous.

"Of course you can son, can I ask, why are you being so formal my boy?" My father laughed, a smile sweeping his face as he pulled his arms open for me.

Instantly, I walked over to my father and gave in to his embrace. It's been such a long time since we've seen each other.  

After a few minutes, we released each other and I took a step back away from him.

"Father, this is Sara" I smiled as I grabbed Sara's hand and pulled her close to me.

"Hello dear, it's so nice to meet you" My father smiled as he grabbed her arm and pulled her in for a friendly hug.  

Whilst Sara's back was turned away from me, my father looked at me and nodded an exception. He approves.

Silently and quickly, I mouthed the words 'Thank You' as I smiled.

"It's very nice to meet you too sir" Sara beamed, her body was so tense. Sara really was so worried meeting my dad. I kept telling her that he's a good man but she always had a little bit of doubt in her eyes.

All that tells me is that she just doesn't trust me totally yet. Obviously, she doesn't understand what's going on exactly at the moment.. Sara doesn't even know why I had to leave in such a rush.

"Please! My dear, call me Alex. My father was a sir, I would never want that title by such a pretty little thing like yourself" My dad complimented her. My dad is just full of it right now isn't he?

I've never seen him compliment someone he's just met. Maybe it's cause he knows that she'll be his daughter-in law one day? Who knows with my father. He always keeps you on your toes.

"So, let's get your kids inside, you must be starving my dear" My father spoke to Sara again, draping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her inside.

"Yes, I'm actually very hungry, we didn't get anything to eat on the way here" She exclaimed.

Damn.. I forgot to feed her? How can I be her mate? Seriously.. I can't even remember to feed her.. Although I was fighting off 'The Others' protecting her and myself.

Urghh..

"Charlotte?!" My father shouted.

Charlotte.. This can't go to well...

After a few minutes, she made her entrance.. She hasn't changed a bit...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan's father Alex is a lovely man, he didn't even hesitate when he pulled me into that friendly hug. I think I'm going to like it here.. I get the feeling I won't be going back home. So I guess it's a good thing.

My parents won't miss me anyway. They hate me.

Rochelle and the guys would just visit me? I know they would.

"Charlotte?!" Alex shouted. We were in what looked like a greeting room, in front of the main door, there were 2 spiral stair cases leading upstairs, the carpets were a deep read, and everything inside just looked immaculate. There wasn't a single plain wall.