6.) Well.. This Complicates Things

Chapter 6

==============================

I awoke abruptly when a nurse came over to me and tapped me on the shoulder.

I must have nodded off with all the chaos, trust me to manage that!

"Sir? Sir you must wake up now" The nurse said, without any worry to her voice, which made my body rush with relief.

I honestly didn't know what I'd do if I lost Sara.. I haven't had her long, and she was so close to leaving me..

"I'm awake, what's wrong?" I asked the nurse.

"Nothing's wrong sir, shes had a successful operation and she's awake asking for you" the nurse smiled at me.

Thank god for that, I've been worrying so long.. I jumped up out of the chair and ran to the reception desk.

"Excuse me miss? Can you tell me where Miss Sara Bennett is staying?" I asked quickly, wanting to get to her as soon as possible.

"She's on ward F room 4" She said after looking through the computer, tapping the keys rather quickly.

"Thank you" I shouted as I ran away from the front desk and ran for the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up from what seemed and endless nightmare. Bright white lights were surrounding me, it took a minute or two for my eyes to adjust and too see where I was.

I was in hospital.

How on earth did I get here?

Then I remembered.. I was having a shower, being careful not to wake Dan up, I got out of the shower and lost my balance, falling right to the ground.

I remember before blacking out, I felt a warm sticky sensation around my head, reaching my ears. A puddle of blood.

"Mr Curtis!!" I screamed

"PLEASE come, please get here with me!" I screamed louder.

Just as I was about to shout again, a nurse popped her head around the corner.

"Where is Dan? Why isn't he here with me" I cried, moving my head and instantly feeling a shooting pain right through me.

"Don't worry miss, I'll get him for you. A young man has been waiting for you for 8 hours" The lady smiled, and turned away from my doorway.

Dan has been here the whole time.. He must feel terrible, finding me like that. Oh god I feel so bad, I must have put him through hell.. I shuddered at the image of him upset, at the image of him finding me in the state I must have been in.

Just as I started to wake myself up, Dan appeared in my doorway, a smile automatically coming to my lips.

"Hey there" Dan smiled, a grin playing at his lips.

"Hey" I smiled back, calming down slightly just by seeing him.

"So how are you feeling?" Dan asked while coming over to sit by me.

"I'm doing okay I guess, I'm alive!" I laughed.

Dan pulled a face at me, obviously not liking my statement. "That's not funny you know Sara. You had me really worried".

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to make light of things.. That's all".

I was only trying to comfort him a little bit, I wasn't meaning to upset him like that..

Dan lightened up a bit and started to grin again. "I'm glad your okay, though Sara, is there anyone you want me to contact to come see you? Family? Or friends?" He asked, I could hear that hopefulness in his voice, he was hoping I'd say no.

"Yeah, could you contact Rochelle for me?" I asked.

"Sure, no problem" He sighed.

As soon as he said that, I felt really bad, my heart started to race.

Dan got up from beside me, with a wave of his hand he was outside the room phoning what seemed to be Rochelle, and he was using my phone? He must have picked it up before we left.

After a few minutes of watching Dan on the phone, obviously getting frustrated trying to explain everything to Rochelle, who must have been slightly frantic.

Dan suddenly put the phone down and came back into me, sitting beside me and resting his hand down on mine. A sudden feeling rushed through me, a feeling of being excited? I can't explain it, it's as if I'm losing breath for a moment.

"Rochelle is on her way now, she said she has a few friends with her that you might want to see. They were going to surprise you today. She told me to tell you to be ready for being suffocated" He laughed.

I laughed "What do you mean? Is there any new people in the school or something?" I asked.

"Nope, not that I know of, I didn't go in today, I called in sick. I couldn't just leave you Sara, you scared the hell out of me. I thought I was going to lose you, and yet I don't really have you, if you know what I mean?" He looked at me with pleading eyes, pleading for understanding.

"Yeah, I understand, I must admit, I would be rather annoyed if you did leave" I whispered.

Dan squeezed my hand gently and looked up at me, I grinned at him back. "I'll never leave you" he whispered, with those words flowing through my mind I wanted to tell him the same.

Just as I was about to tell him, a loud ruckas in the hallway made me look toward the door.

"Hey Rochelle" I squeaked, pulling my hand away from Dan rather sharpish.

"Hey to you too! God you look terrible!" Rochelle squawked.

"But anyways, look who's here!" She said excitedly.

I looked behind her and saw some faces I never thought I would see, at least for a while.

There, standing all around me, were my friends.

Rochelle.

Marcus.

Liam.

And Micky.

I can't believe I finally have my friends with me again! Even though it's because of my circumstances

"So, how come Mr Curtis is here?" Rochelle asked.

I looked at Dan, and Dan looked back at me. Worry spreading both of our faces.

What could we say? He's here cause he 'likes' me? Yeah right.