11: You worthless bag of beaver dung.

Please read authors note at the end, it’s very short (:

Enjoy x

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 11

Sophia’s POV

I walk out the cafeteria to the outside seating area. And make my way to the far edge of the field whilst continuing  to listen to Cam explain why he hates surprises, with a small smile I sit down in the shade of an oak tree.

‘-and she ended up being pregnant! Surprises have never been good’ He finishes his rant.

‘Ok I get that you don’t like surprises’

‘So are you going to tell me?’ He asks keenly

‘Nope’ I reply popping the ‘P’

Hearing him huff like a little child, I start to laugh.

‘Okay, how about you tell me and I’ll buy you a tub of every flavour Ben and Jerry’s I can find in my local store, when you return’ He asks, already knowing the answer. Oh gosh, I do love myself some Ben and Jerry’s, my ultimate weakness.

‘Promise?’ I ask, wanting to ensure he sticks by his words.

‘Cross my heart and hope to die’

‘Well, good, you better start buying them now, because I’m coming back for the holidays!’ I shout down the phone, ‘Oh and don’t be stingy with the cookie dough, actually buy two-‘As I ramble on I don’t realise how silent the other line’s become.

‘Sophia! Shut up, you just tell me your coming back to London and all you can talk about is Ice Cream?’ He yells happily, bringing me to an abrupt stop mid-sentence.

‘Hey did you just tell me to shut up?’ I reply angrily

‘Yes and I’m sorry, but getting back to the point, when, why and how?’ He asks all in a rush

‘Well when isn’t very soon, but sometime around the beginning of the summer holidays in a few months. Why is pretty obvious and how is because my dad has some paper work, business stuff which is too complicated for me to understand, to sign and finish.’ I end with a massive smile; it feels amazing to finally tell him.

After a minute he replies, ‘So you’re only visiting? Not returning for good?’ His voice sounds so depressed it makes me want to cry.

‘Yeah, the only down fall, but at least we get to see each other again, if we are still dating at that point’ I reply with a teasing smile.

‘W-Why wouldn’t we be dating?’ He asks nervously and confused

‘Chill dude, I’m only joking, unless you’ve found another girl you’re not telling me about?’ I ask with a laugh

‘Hah, as if, babe you’re the only girl I’d ever date’ He replies quickly, ‘Anyways, I guess I better save up some money for those ice-creams, do you know how expensive each tub is? Hun you’re going to have me bankrupt and my fridge empty by the time you leave’

‘Are you calling me fat?’ I ask with fake anger

‘Whaaa-t nooo!’ He replies with a nervous laughter

‘Good, anyways I have to get back to class soon’

‘Okay, I can’t wait to see you again’

‘Me either. Love you’

‘You to’

As the line goes dead, I rest the back of my head against the tree and close my eyes, wanting to enjoy the serenity before heading back to class. After a few moments I hear someone take a seat beside me and I slightly open one eye. Can I never get a bit of peace?

________________________________

Wes’s POV

After mulling over whether to apologize, I roll my eyes at Drew’s ‘Go say sorry or die look’ and head out. Hmm where could she be? I scan the benches area before trailing my eyes over a moving figure on the phone. Bingo.

I start to head over, ever so slowly allowing her conversation to end.

‘-Love you’ I hear her say as I near the tree she’s sitting under. I still believe what I said about her boyfriend being an idiot or her being naïve. Does she really believe the whole long distance relationship will work out? Guys have needs and I doubt it will be long before her boyfriend fulfils his, but I guess I should’ve kept my thoughts to myself as I regret seeing her eyes filled with hurt. What’s happening to me? I never give a crap about whether others are hurt, especially not some random British girl who’s just my way to win a bet. But seeing her sit there with her eyes closed, leaning against the tree, with the sun streaming on her face, she looks almost angelic and the thought of me hurting her makes me feel guilt like I’ve never felt before. Get a grip of yourself Wes, don’t get mushy for anyone. Thinking this, I take a seat beside her, allowing enough room between us so that she doesn’t kick me in my pride and joy.

‘What do you want donkeys arse?’

I know I shouldn’t laugh, but her insults just sound too funny with that hot accent, ‘Well, that’s a new one’ I reply with a light chuckle.

‘Trust me there’s plenty more where they came from, here let me show you-‘ just as she’s about to continue I quickly cover her mouth with my hands and in a rush I say, ‘No need, I just wanted to say  sorry for saying that stuff back in the cafeteria, I still believe what I said but I didn’t mean to hurt you’ I slowly remove my hands seeing the death glare plastered on her face and slowly edge back protecting my man hood.

‘What the hell was that? Now I’m going to have to disinfect my mouth from your STD hands’ She pretends to gag whilst spluttering and rubbing her face, I just sit there amused at her reaction.

‘And why apologize if you don’t mean it?’ she asks after she’s calm and sitting back down

‘Like I said, I didn’t mean to hurt you. But everyone’s entitled to their own thoughts’

After glaring at me with narrowed eyes for a few seconds, she replies, ‘Fine, I accept your apology, but next times keep your thoughts to yourself, gorilla face’

‘Sir, Yes, Sir’ I reply with a salute but seeing her eyes narrowing I quickly reply, ‘Ma’am, I meant ma’am. Trust me you could never pass as a guy with –‘

‘STOP STOP STOP. I honestly do not need to hear the end of the sentence.’ She practically screams.

‘Okay fart face’ I reply, wanting to hear her reaction.

‘What did you just call me?!’ she asks raising a brow trying to restrain a smile that was fighting to reveal itself.

‘Well you call me so many names; I thought I’d test it out to see why you enjoy it so much. And hmm I really understand why you do it now toilet brush’ I reply, trying to keep a straight face. But in the end we both just end up laughing with tears in our eyes.

‘Toilet brush? If you’re going to do this, at least think of something good you worthless bag of beaver dung.’

Now that’s something I’ve never heard before and Sophia is someone I’ve never met before, I’m glad I’ve finally found her, obviously in the most non-mushy, non-romantic way, because at the end of the day, there’s two bets, between three boys, on this one girl.

 ______________________________________________________________________________________

Just to let you know, I may not upload for a while or they may be quite short like this chapter due to exams...

Sorry :’(

But on a positive note, anyone got any good name calling insults for Wes and Sophia?

Lots of love you Wattpadderss!

Kay xx