Chapter 22: Human Invasion

~.Astral/Nova.~

After Blackie's speech, which lasted for a while because he needed to convey all the information we have, we head back inside. Now, all the Numbers know what the Humans know. I can tell that this scares some of them and excited others. Not all of them are fighters, but they just don't have any experience.

In the halls, some guards sharpen their weapons they use in combat. They chat about trivial things as usual because battle doesn't really faze them too much. Apparently, the only battle they were freaking out about was the one that killed my late mother and father. This one is no different.

"We will fight as well," Blackie says to me. "We will help defend our kingdom."

I nod. "Yes, Brother. I will try my best."

"Good." He pats my head. "Now, go get ready. We don't know when they may strike or when we will attack them."

~.Unknown.~

"Hey, these files have been opened..."

"Really?"

Clicking on the computer. Keys being pressed.

Such familiar sounds...

"You're right. Someone must have hacked into this."

"Let's check the cameras! Maybe it was the ones akin to this one!"

Sounds of clicking again.

"Whoa..."

"So it was them! Damn, they know too much now!"

A pause.

A long pause.

The other one speaks. "Should we use this one against them like it was meant to be used years ago?"

"It could work. We'll need to give the wings a solution so that the wings grow back, though."

I open my eyes finally. Like hell they'll even touch my wings! There's still someone I want to, need to see, and I don't want to meet that person in the heat of battle again.

I just hope he hasn't forgotten me...

~.Crimson.~

I sharpen my katana carefully for the inevitable battle. My kunai knives and shurikens are laid out on front of my on my futon. I have it out only because it's night and I plan to sleep right after this. I pause in my task to look out the opened window and to the waning crescent moon shining through and into my room. I close my black eyes for a while before returning to treating my katana.

I may need to fight in a war again. After so long...

Sheathing my katana, I turn to my other weapons to make sure they're in good shape for the near future. One never knows when it'll happen. They may strike soon or maybe months from now.

Ah, well, this will be a good time to get a better workout than these little trips. I can't complain about that. I let out a small chuckle.

"No...please don't go..."

Free's voice rings through my head, desperate and pleading. I've never really heard him sound like that except when he's begging me for something, and even then it's more childish begging. I shake my head to clear it. My memory must still be triggered because of our trip to the Ice Territory.

"Please...please don't die...! I-I couldn't bear it if you left this world..."

Aye me...

I have a feeling that I won't be getting any sleep tonight what with these out-of-character lines.

"Don't die...don't die..."