Broken Girl Meet Broken Boy.

Toni Romiti,

I wasn't surprised when I heard August say that. I know he's a good person, I can tell he has a good heart. I don't know why someone like Aaleeyah would cheat on him. If she wanted to cheat on him why would she do it with Eric. If she wanted a side nigga, why could it be a different nigga. Why did it have to be mine? I guess she wanted what I had. I guess she was jealous of me. I continued to lay in the bed nothing but a towel after August left to go change and stuff. I slowly lifted my head up off the bed and decided to get dressed. I hung my towel up on the towel rack and walked over to my suitcase. I slipped on my sports bra along with a plain white sweatshirt, slipped on some spanks and black ankle socks. I put my hair in a messy bun and grabbed my phone along with my earbuds, I placed my earbuds in my ear, unlocking my phone tapping on the Pandora icon and let's the 90's R&B station play because I love R&B especially old school shit. I let the music play slowly closing my eyes letting every bit of the last 3 hours sink in deeply into my brain. " Inhale...Exhale..." I thought to myself. I continued to just chill until I felt a tight grip on my thighs. I got very tense but I had realized it was August by the way he smelled. He didn't stink, he smelled really good, every time I smell him it send chills down my spine because he smelled so damn good. You know ladies when you have that one guy or girl you are always with and they smelled so damn good you get the chills or goosebumps..

But, he rubbed his thumbs on my thighs. I slowly opened my eyes seeing his eyes on mine. We were making eye to eye contact to the point where we were staring into each other's souls. I could tell that August was hurting too, he just didn't want to show it as much though. He has a story, his story is deep just like his feelings.. his heart aches.. a lot. He understands how I feel. I never met someone other then Eric that is so.. tender. He turned down my music a little bit using the volume button on my headphones so I can hear him. Before he could say anything I asked him " Are you okay? " he placed a half smile on his face responding back to me, " yeah mane, I'm straight. " I continued to make direct eye contact with me, I could tell he was lying. I shook my head taking out my earbuds, " Your not August. I could tell by the way your looking at me.. you're hurting deep down inside your heart. And I understand that." he lifted himself up off the floor continued to look at me and shook his head. " Yeah I'm hurting but I'm use to it. There's nothing I can do to stop the pain but to live along with my life. Aaleeyah cheated on me, and used me. I'm use to it. It was my fault for not listening to the crew, they warned me about her but I didn't listen because I was in love with her. " he responded ending it with a heavy sigh. He continued, " I had to learn this the hard way, but in this world either you are a player or you get played. There is no in between nowadays." I looked down at my feet, I started to feel bad for him because he's so used to being hurt. I know exactly how he feels because I'm somewhat in the some exact place as him. I grabbed onto one of his big hands that were warm just like his heart looking up at him again. " August I-" I said until you cut me off because he knew exactly what I was about to say, " Toni I don't want you feeling bad for me. I don't need anyone feeling bad for me because people who say they feel bad end up doing exactly what Aaleeyah said; I love you and I'll never leave your side. I'm not like the others. You know who got you. But Toni there's something about that god is telling me. I just don't know what it is yet. But I'll find out sooner or later.." I half smiled at him because god was telling me something about August when I first met him. God was telling me that I should give the kid a chance, and that I should get to know him. Saying that he's probably the healing to my problems. He wanted me to get to know August because he knew me and him shared the same exact emotions as each other. He wanted two broken people to meet. Broken girl meet broken boy.

August Alsina,

August Alsina,

I never thought I would be venting to Toni this early in our friendship. But I needed it I guess. She's a good listener. I could tell she understood me better then anybody could. She continued to look at me as she began to get teary eyed. " I'm sorry shawty. I didn't mean to make you get more emotional. " I spoke as I took seat next to her in the bed. She sniffled still having a grip onto my hand. She softly spoke to me while looking at our hands touching, " I'm sorry. I just know exactly how you feel. I know how it feels when someone up and leaves. You see, I didn't have a mother figure in my life to teach me the actual ways on how to be the woman I am today. My father did those things for me but it's not the same. I'm grateful for my father trying though. " she looked at me as she continued. " I'm used to people leaving me like I ain't shit but it's okay. I still cry at the pain but I don't show it around my friends. I don't show pain because I don't want people feeling bad for me. I don't like sympathy from anyone especially my father. " I looked at her as she began to spill her emotions out to me, even though she doesn't like people feeling bad for her, I still do. Toni has been through a lot, she's a very strong woman. I feel for her. We continued to talk about everything, she got what she needed to get off her chest. I want to be there for Toni, even though we just started our friendship and even though I think she fine as hell I want to be there for her. Me and her was laying in the bed talking some more, we talked all night until it was 6 AM. I was still awake but she fell asleep in my arms. I watched as she softly snored on my chest. I smiled as my eyes began to get low, I was finally falling asleep. I looked away and looked up at the ceiling and started wondering.. why such a beautiful person with such a big heart be so damn broken inside and out?

Broken boy meet broken girl..