Chapter 25

No one feared me, as they shouldn't. I was an entity of power, of pure untamed energy, and it was natural instinct to obey, not fear. But there was one man, there was one monster, that I wanted to fear me.

And with that single thought, that single desire for his terror, Dalton trembled and fell to his knees.

I didn't have to say a single word.

I didn't have to blink.

I am the white wolf. I am all powerful. These wolves are mine to command, mine to protect, mine to adore.

Dalton was mine to kill.

There was a brilliant sensation coating every cell in my body. It was liberation, cold and refreshing as ice. It was the feel of chains falling away around me with every step I took. I wasn't nervous of this, I wasn't scared. This power wasn't even overwhelming. It just felt right.

And although I've had about five seconds to live with it so far, I knew my use of this power was endless.

I am the white wolf.

My pack, the rogues, they all parted for me. They stepped to the side and bowed their heads while I passed. I felt a connection to each and every one of them, a thin line that bonud me to their very thoughts, their willpower, their entire entity. I knew their desries, their hopes, their loyalties. I knew everything about each and every one of them.

And although both sides had moments before been killing one another to chain me to them, they now stepped back in utter defeat at the power they thought they could harness.

The white wolf belonged to no pack. She belonged to the species.

Dalton didn't struggle when I approached. While his human mind may have been trembling, his wolf was broken down into submission and there was no hope of even blinking without my go ahead.

Dalton had killed Clayton.

The wolf inside of me, the wolf that had become me, was calm in her misery. I had no room for wild abandonment of rage, of pain, of sadness. I just knew the man whom my very soul belonged to was lying on the ground and the man responsible was kneeling before me.

I'd never killed anyone before.

But when I killed Dalton, that thought wasn't on my mind. It was quick, he didn't feel a single thing other than my hands on either side of his head and a pressure in his neck before he drifted away into eternal darkness. His body fell to the side. His rogue pack didn't mourn him.

I stared down at his body for a moment, lying still on the blood soaked soil, and only then did I start to feel the rage. Rage felt so much better than any other emotion threatening to hold me captive. Rage was comforting.

So I turned to face the submissive crowd. I'd kill them all. I'd kill all the rogues that were a part of this, that would dare to harm Clayton, harm the pack that had come to protect me, harm anyone. I'd find them, one by one, and they would have no choice but to sit there and wait to be killed.

I was the white wolf. I was Alice, I was the white wolf. White wolf, white wolf, white wolf. And all I saw was red and there was a pain developing in my chest and I understood the full magnitude of being who I now was. I understood the importance of becoming the white wolf through the mating process. I understood how Clayton would have grounded me when I was reborn like this, how he would have placated this overwhelming force inside of my body.

Now, my wolf was released through the agonizing vision of a piece of my soul dying on the fields. Now, no one can calm me. Now, I am lost, and I am angry, and someone has to pay for this. Someone has to pay for bringing me here, opening my eyes like this, and cutting me loose without a guide.