Chapter 5

I couldn't tell specifically where his hands were, not when my entire body was burning from him. I felt like I was flying very, very high, and he was right up there with me.

Clayton was much bigger than me, and his entire figure engulfed mine, pressing me further into the wall. With one big hand he grabbed onto my thigh, hitching it around his hip. I gasped as he pressed into me, letting me know exactly how excited he was to see me.

He took my gasp to his advantage, thrusting his tongue into my mouth, exploring me in a way no one else has. He tasted like peppermint and the forest.

My heart was roaring in my ears as new found sensations tingled across my entire body, things I had never felt before. He growled into my mouth as, without my permission, my hands wound their way into his hair, tugging at the fantastic mess. Did he own a brush?

When his hand cupped my face, not nearly as gentle as at his pack house earlier, my bruise spiked with pain and I pulled back, shocked. My eye was still swollen, not nearly as much as it had been before, and with a heavy amount of foundation my dad didn't even bother asking about it.

But it still hurt like a bitch, and it was enough to snap me back to my senses.

Dear lord I was practically dry humping this man in my dad's hallway. Panting, I stared up at Clayton. My heart stopped, panic replacing my lust. His wolf was at the surface, the gold in his eyes telling me exactly what I needed to know.

I've never seen an Alpha lose control like he was doing. It was in their genes to be more powerful, more in control. But he was about to take me, here and now, claim me. My heart seized and I racked my brain for ideas. If he claimed me, we'd be inseparable, forever together. Any chances of escaping this hell hole might as well be buried six feet under because there'd be no chance I could physically survive without him.

So of course the only logical thing to do was un-tuck my thumb from my fist, and hit him right in the jaw.

He didn't even flinch, not even a little bit. My knuckles screamed in protest, but his eyes did flash. Dangerously at first, like he was about to shift, let his wolf take control of himself and me, but then the faded back to grey.

"We're in my parents hallway." I said slowly. "And my entire family is eating twenty feet away."

He raised an eyebrow, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "So?" he asked.

Quickly, mustering as much courage as I could, I said "I, Alice Stella Mayflore, reject-"

Quicker than I could see, his hand clapped over my mouth, knocking me back against the wall. I frowned. Jesus I couldn't even speak fast enough. He leaned in, his eyes dangerous. "Don't." he threatened lowly.

"Or what?" I mumbled, stupidly, against his hand.

He leaned in, his nose rubbing along my neck, inhaling me. I shivered and I felt his smirk against my skin. Softly, he kissed the sensitive spot behind my ear and I was practically quivering. "Or Ill ruin your entire family, Alice."

I stared at his messy hair, shocked. Would he? I didn't know, hell I hardly knew the guy!

I opened my mouth, at a loss for words. A throat cleared at the end of the hall and my head snapped over to Thomas, who was eying Clayton and I with thinly masked amusement. I realized I still had my leg wrapped around him, that he was literally pressed against me so every inch of him was touching me.

I pushed Clayton back and stumbled upright, blushing furiously. My dad and mom joined Thomas at the end of the hallway and I buried my face in my hands. "She's coming with me." Clayton announced to my family.