chapter 11: alcohol

I haven't spoken to Luke or Sara for that matter for the past two days.

Sara tries to talk to me but I shoo her off, telling her I'm not in the mood and she leaves.

Luke hasn't talked to me either which I guess is a good thing. It's strange not hearing his sarcastic remarks everyday in History class.

It may seem like a bad thing that me and Luke haven't talked after we slept together, but there isn't really anything to talk about.

We were drunk and that's that.

After getting ready for school on Tuesday, I walk to the main building by myself, scanning my student ID before walking to history class.

I look at the white board at the front of the class and in big, bold letters it says: "switching seats today!"

God has answered my prayers.

After everyone gets to class, Mr. Finstock starts reading off the new seating chart.

After he calls my name, I sit in my seat in the very back. I've always wanted a seat in the last row in one of my classes.

He soon calls Luke's name and of course it's right in the seat in front of me. Now I can't even see.

After everyone is in their new seats, I raise my hand.

"Yes, Samantha," Mr. Finstock acknowledges me.

I sigh because he keeps calling me by my full name, but speak anyway.

"Um I can't really see the board when Luke is in front of me,"

"Luke are you okay with switching seats with her?" The teacher asks him.

"Yeah," he says, picking up his books from his desk before slamming them on my previous seat.

I take my own books and set them on Luke's previous table, sitting down and waiting for Mr. Finstock to start today's lesson.

When Mr. Finstock starts explaining a diagram on the board, Luke tosses a rolled up piece of paper onto my desk.

I roll my eyes before unrolling the paper and reading what it says.

I can see my hickeys aren't going away anytime soon ;)

Instead of writing a note back to him, I give him the middle finger behind my back so no one would see.

I hear a scoff come from Luke before I begin to take notes from what Mr. Finstock is saying.

~*~

School ended rather slowly, but I eventually made it back to my dorm and started on homework.

As I'm finishing Chemistry homework, I hear a tap at my window.

I open my curtains to see Luke; disheveled hair, bloodshot eyes with a sweatshirt around his body.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I question him after I open up the window.

"Can we please talk?" He begs.

"What is there to talk about Luke? We were drunk, it didn't mean a thing to us. Right?" I put my hands on my hips, really not wanting to talk to him right now.

"R-right," he stutters, shoving his hands into his jean pockets.

"But before you go, are you okay? You look like a wreck,"

"Wow, thanks, I appreciate the compliment, Thomas,"

"No, I'm serious, are you okay?"

"I just finished a box of cigarettes in these past three days, how about you?" He asks, not missing a beat.

"Luke," I whisper, running my hands through my hair, looking at the ceiling of my room. "Come in."

I open up the screen of my window to let Luke in.

Once he gets in, I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"It's okay, Luke," I whisper into his neck, sighing deeply.

"It's not, but I appreciate the help," Luke lets go, flopping down on my futon and pulling out a fresh new box of cigarettes.

"What the fuck, Luke!" I shriek, snatching the box from his hands.

"Sam, please, I need those," he whines, holding his hands out.

"Luke, please stop, you can't do this because of what happened,"

"Why not? How else am I supposed to deal with it?"

"Deal with what?! We slept together Luke, what else is there to deal with?"

"You aren't any help," he shakes his head, tilting his head back.

"What do you want me to do, Luke?" I ask, sitting next to him on the couch.

"I just want to know how we got into this mess,"

"Want me to give you an honest answer?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

He nods his head, searching for any answer.

"Alcohol."

"You're no fucking help," he gets up, taking the cigarettes from my hand and leaving my dorm, making sure to slam the door behind him, making me jump a bit.

~*~

guys i fucking love writing this story.

AND ALSO DON'T FORGET I LOVE YOU ALL SO FUCKING MUCH! Thank you for voting and commenting and reading, believe me, I really fuckin appreciate it.

have a good day, and remember you are so, so beautiful